1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Cover Band 101 Book Review

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by Ward, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Ward

Ward Tele-Holic

Just thought I'd review this book. I'm sure a lot have you have read it:

www.coverbandbook.com

The book is aimed at bands looking to earn top dollar at gigs. The basic premise is that you have to play songs that people like and can dance to, but it's also an in depth analysis of everything a band should be doing, from auditioning members, to rehearsals, to promotional materials, to trying to get gigs, etc.

The most useful section, for me, as the promotional packet section, with advice on how to create audio, video, photos, etc. What particularily impressed me, actually throughout the book, was the authors default to low cost, do it yourself solutions, rather than putting forth a blanket "you should hire a professional for $1000s of dollars".

Anyways, I go a lot out of it and thought it was well worth the $20 I paid, so I thought I'd pass it along.

2. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Hey thanks for the link!! I just bought this e-book, looks awesome and full of great advice for a new band getting started. Much to learn in here.. thx again..

Allen

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.