1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Could use some help picking out a Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by pagedr, Jul 17, 2020.

1. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

As I said earlier this week in another thread concerning the standard guitar forum template for buying a "lifetime" guitar. At least you aren't planning to "thin the herd" down to just one and only guitar (are you?)

Start: "This guitar is going to be my #1 for life!!!"

1 month later. "This guitar is great! Just what I wanted in a guitar!"

2 months later. "I kind of liked that other custom shop guitar I tried out. I can't stop thinking about it. Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to have bought this one."

3 months later. "I can't get the sound I want from this guitar. Maybe if swapped out the pickups...."

4 months later. "$500 in pickups didn't help. Maybe what I really need is a new boutique 'transparent' boost pedal."

5 months later. "Maybe I need a new boutique amp to really bring out the best in this guitar..."

6 months later. Posted in a 'for sale' section of a guitar forum. "I'm selling this guitar to fund the purchase of my lifetime guitar. It's a great guitar but I just couldn't bond with it."

2. pagedr

pagedr TDPRI Member

Alright, I took the plunge and bought the AVRI from Dave's. Been doing these mental gymnastics for over a week now and figured I just needed to make a decision. We'll see how it is when it gets here!

whoanelly15 and Piggy Stu like this.
  3. UPtele

UPtele Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Can't wait to see the pics

4. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Hard to see where you can go wrong. Congrats!

5. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Afflicted

These 63 custom shops seem to tick a lot of boxes: 9.5" radius, medium jumbo frets, light relic (although they were available in New Old Stock condition, too).

Unfortunately new they are a little over your price range... Maybe find a used one?

Lots of color options last year but can't find many for sale now. Most retailers show sold out or out of stock.

I saw one of those 63 custom shops last year, but with a P90, which was WAY too expensive for me, but I had to have one in surf green, so I built my own with an American Performer body.

Here's a Fiesta Red on eBay now, just for an example:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=254537634275

And a pic of my basement custom shop '63 with P90, in surf green.

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.