Could use prayers for this Sunday....

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
At my old church the music leaders are gone on a vacation and asked me and my wife to lead the music. Which of course we were thrilled.

I don't know about you guys but almost any time I serve God in special ways, the crap hits the fan. My wife was battling a fever for a few days and my nose is running like niagara falls. I had sore throat but that is gone. My singing voice is.... meh. LOL.

Of course we were fine before this week. And I think by Sunday all will be fine but I mean.... I've been sleeping on the couch to avoid whatever my wife has. And if I have something different I'd rather not give it to her.

Yesterday her fever was pretty much gone and we have people praying for us. But I figured I'd ask for prayer her for strength and health. And a successful service.

We are playing: My Heart is Filled, His Mercy is More, Before You I Kneel, Trust and Obey and Be Thou My Vision. Why I told you that, IDK. Seems pertinent. LOL.

Thanks guys!!!!!! And Gals. :) Peeps. Whatever you wanna be called.

JuneauMike

Poster Extraordinaire
Prayers for good health. I'm sure the service will be worshipful, no matter how much you fret and worry.

dougstrum

Friend of Leo's
We seem to have gone through the same symptoms lasted 4-5 days:(
I'm playing this Sunday also.

Hopefully y'all are healthy by Sunday and have a great service;)

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
Spiritual battles.......

Don't be surprised when your physical health
doesn't deter you from your duties that the very
equipment you rely on for leading worship
takes a hit in its place.

Things like that become part of the landscape
after awhile. The tactics seem to always be he same,
and so should yours.Be prayed up and prepared.Thanks.

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Yes it all went well!!! Thanks guys. But it was quite the week. We had a snow storm the night before. LOL. New Moon... My wife was whining about doing it all the right up the the point of doing it. I understand, she wasn't sure if she had covid or what. We didn't get tested. She didn't want to get anyone else sick so she wore a mask. The other gal that was gonna sing with us, at practice on Saturday she was like, my voice is horse too. LOL. So I'm like we'll all just be sick together. My wife didn't even come on Saturday.

Half the people at church were complaining of colds too. It's like it just hit this area hard. Which isn't really that abnormal for this time of year any of the years.

But praise the LORD I was much better the night before. The two nights before that, right before I went to bed my nose would be running like niagara falls and sneezing and such. I've been through a half roll of huge paper towel. For blowing my nose. LOL.

Then this morning the other gal said she couldn't come. And she was the one to set up the laptop for the slideshow. Thankfully my wife did come (and sang), and she had done that job in the past. Even had her own notes in the laptop bag. LOL.

It all went well and I think we actually sounded decent. I only remember hitting one wrong chord on Before You I Kneel and it was a quick one where I forgot to hit the D right before it went into A. My voice, while not optimal was fine enough.

The pastors wife was a great singer and especially on the last song was practically carrying us all. It was Be Thou My Vision in Eflat and it was high for my wife and I. LOL.

Anyways.... I really appreciate the prayers!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully we didn't have any big technical challenges (other than having to set up the laptop unexpectedly). I didn't even bring an amp. I just mic'd my acoustic. I was trying to streamline. I don't move around cuz I'm too busy looking at the music. LOL.

The rest of the month we're doing a song in the large group time for the kiddos. Both services.