Could somebody please explain full wave rectifiers using ohms law?

Bendyha

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I used to think that if I touched the terminal of a battery...................

I did not understand why one should connect the negative terminal of one battery, to the positive terminal of the next, when linking them in series. Why do no sparks fly when all these opposing negative and positive forces meet and counteract? How can clipping two 9V blocks into each other not go bang? Does this send the electrons whizzing around in a circle between the two batteries?
A.C. - that is a hard concept to accept, one step forward, one step back, how can anything progress from that? Why don't electrons crash into each other.... do they turn around, or move backwards in the wires? Oh, so if a circuit has to be made for the thing to work, and the electrons flow back to the generator through the ground (you got to be kidding me) how do they know which power-plant to go to?
Could someone answer these questions for me using Ohms Law and the Schrödinger-Pauli equation, please without the imaginary parts of Eckhaus equasion - Lets keep this real.

andrewRneumann

Tele-Afflicted
Oh, so if a circuit has to be made for the thing to work, and the electrons flow back to the generator through the ground (you got to be kidding me) how do they know which power-plant to go to?

Yes, why do electrons go anywhere specific in a theoretical zero impedance? Divide by zero, divide by zero!!!! Does not compute!!! Glad I’m not the only one whose brain glitches on some of these topics.