Cottage Cheese...Yes or No?

jays0n

Friend of Leo's
Once in a while but we don’t usually buy it. I like it with peaches or similar fruits. It is a very mild taste, so it’s more if the texture and creamy nature of it that goes well with the fruit. Almost like yogurt does.

Telecaster582

Tele-Afflicted
I guess there's more ways than I know to eat that stuff! I'm gonna have to remember this thread tomorrow morning..... Or actually, I'm getting kinda hungry now

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
I learned early.... don't mess with Grandma's snuff and don't mess with her cottage cheese.
My grandmother dipped snuff, too. Nasty!
At first, I thought this thread might be about some weird Danelectro mini-pedal I never heard of…

As a kid I hated it.

As an adult, I like it in/with other things, such as fruit. I’ll put a couple dollops in a blender for a smoothie.

Put some raw honey and cinnamon on it, and it’s really good, too.

I usually use plain Greek yogurt instead, but cottage cheese can work in those settings.
I'm still not 100% sold on yogurt
Did we have the same grandmother?
Mine, too! Are you Jeff, or Chris, or Sany, or Michael?
Yes.

Because I like to. Why else?

Oh, come on. Seriously? Do you really live where they don't sell it?

You're on your own, bucko!
Yes, cottage cheese is sold here. I've just never tried it

Charlie Bernstein

Doctor of Teleocity
. . . Yes, cottage cheese is sold here. I've just never tried it

Then there you are. Like I said, you're on your own. Buy some, take it home, open it, scoop some out, and eat it.

What you taste will be exactly what cottage cheese tastes like: cottage cheese!

It's an interesting forum question, and I can't come up with a more helpful answer than that.

omahaaudio

Friend of Leo's
Do you eat cottage cheese? If so, why? And...what does it taste like?
No.

Late Middle English, from Anglo-Norman cotage and Medieval Latin cotagium, from Old Northern French cot, cote (“hut, cottage”) + -age (“surrounding property”), from Proto-Germanic *kutan, *kuta- (“shed”), probably of non-Indo-European origin, but possibly borrowed from Uralic; compare Finnish kota (“hut, house”) and Hungarian ház (“house”), both from Proto-Finno-Ugric/Proto-Uralic *kota.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Had it occasionally growing up. Once in a blue moon now.

Here’s a recipe borrowed from the legend of Kingsley Amis:

3 English T of cottage cheese in small bowl
1/2 t marmite
Scant handful watercress, minced
3 ice cold shots of vodka

Slam the vodka shots. Dump that ghastly mixture of cow phlegm in trash.

Feel better, right?

ddewerd

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
l eat it just about every day, right out of the container, nothing added. Usually as a late afternoon snack to tide me over till dinner. Low calories/fat, high protein, and I love the saltiness. I just ate some about 30 minutes ago!

I've eaten it all my life, but a couple of decades ago I was on a heavy health kick, and I would go through almost one 24 oz tub (680g for the non-Americans!) a day. My wife gave me a hard time about it, and I told her it was the "Food of the Gods"! She still calls it that today.

But a container now lasts me about a week instead of a day!

Cheers,
Doug

Last edited: