Cottage Cheese...Yes or No?

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
At first, I thought this thread might be about some weird Danelectro mini-pedal I never heard of…

As a kid I hated it.

As an adult, I like it in/with other things, such as fruit. I’ll put a couple dollops in a blender for a smoothie.

Put some raw honey and cinnamon on it, and it’s really good, too.

I usually use plain Greek yogurt instead, but cottage cheese can work in those settings.

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
I went through a phase last year where I ate it almost daily. Usually for an afternoon snack. I mixed in peanuts and whatever fruit was around. Blueberries were a favorite.

I guess I got tired of it; haven’t had any in months.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
NO! First thing I remember throwing up in day care. I formed my rules of eating based on cottage cheese. Texture, looks, texture, smell, texture then taste. Has to pass the first 5 before I will even think about tasting something.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I like it along with my breakfast. After I finish off my eggs, I like an English muffin covered with peanut butter and jelly. I salt and pepper the cottage cheese, sprinkle a little Tapita sauce on it and take alternate bites of cottage cheese and muffin.

Poster Extraordinaire
Love it just plain. I put a scoop on salads. Good Culture 2% is my favorite by far.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
My grandmother took cottage cheese and added diced onion, bell pepper, and tomato. Seasoned with salt, black pepper, and a hint of fresh chopped basil.

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
I recently discovered that HEB carries some little yogert cup sort of containers with cottage cheese in one compartment and various fruit flavors in the other.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Do you eat cottage cheese? If so, why? And...what does it taste like?

I don't eat it much now

But our favorite brand as kids, and later, married/1980, was always 'Nordica' ( low fat/small curd) sold only at our local High's convenience stores ( in Northern Virginia). Long gone!

It had just a great flavor ( a little tangy) and texture- but we had to eat it cold!
( just like milk, yuck! If room temp)

flathd

Poster Extraordinaire
I like mine with a little paprika. There's also this song that never mentions cottage cheese...

kuch

Tele-Afflicted
Haven't had it for a while but I do like it. Especially with salt and pepper and tomato slices-as others have said..... Pineapple is good with it too, or just straight out of the container.

BFcaster

Tele-Meister
The ONLY way I eat it is as a crucial ingredient in home-made lasagna. If it isn't in the recipe it will not be good lasagna.

Wife loves the stuff.