1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Costco Pizza

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 1293, Jun 13, 2017.

1. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

Better than Pizza Hut is no accomplishment. My son used to get free pizza coupons at school for reading milestones. We redeemed one and the rest them went in the recycling bin.

dented likes this.
  2. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

3. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Tele-Afflicted

Don't knock it 'til you tried it. I prefer a Costco pizza to Dominoes, Papa John's, Straw Hat, Little Caesars, Shakey's...actually, I prefer it to anything at it's price point. It's definitely a good pizza. Good not great.

If I want a great pizza I make it myself! Marinara I made myself from scratch, whole milk mozzarella, fresh herbs from my garden, fresh vegetables and meats...no restaurant can come close.

But my grandfather, born in Italy, made the best pizza. Hands down, nothing compares.

boredguy6060, teleamp and koen like this.
  4. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Just enough secret Costco mojo to make hotdog buyers want an industrial size package of antacid and gas relief. Everything sold has the intended purpose of catalyzing sales of other products in the store. They sell you cheap pizza with cheese that has a lot of grease in it instead of cream, and then they get to sell you the big package of private label, OTC anti-dysentery medicine and the really big package of private label toilet paper and baby wipes. It is a good marketing strategy for people that like shopping in a stockyard or warehouse type environment.

I tried membership there once for a year because people extolled the virtues of the discounted gasoline and great deals on Michelin auto tires. But the place near me always had a gas line that wasted more time and cost more than one could save on the gas and the parking lot was often crowded due to being next to a mall. They don't sell and install tires at that one either, so it just never connected.

5. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think there is a moral here:

It's very difficult to make a judgement of the flavor of any food from a youtube video or if your only example is in Canada...

6. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I'm not sure what it is that you're upset about.

They have mechanized (somewhat) stretching and rolling real fresh dough and they mechanized the sauce application. They're doing everything else by hand in a club store. The dough has to be stretched and shaped. I did that in college. The sauce has to be swirled. I used a ladle. They automated. So what?

Real crust, sauce, cheese, toppings.

If you want more go to your favorite pizza joint.

I thought it looked good for a lunch slice. I love a good lunch slice. Looks good.

I've been in about 20 pizza factories because I sell packaging equipment and material. The plant that makes all of the Kirkland frozen pizza for Costco nationwide is right here in Milwaukee. We call it Palermos and they are near Miller Park and they employee a great number of people. Good for them. Good for Costco.

I like Costco; we buy most of our food there.

7. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

I generally find their pizza slices, oversized, greasy & soulless

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

That's what's missing -- soul or mojo. That robot pizza maker is the reason.

9. Frank'n'censed

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

Anode100 likes this.
  10. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Wwwwwait. OVERSIZED??? :confused:

rcole_sooner and 1293 like this.
  11. Frank'n'censed

Just a discription, compared to the competition :cool:

IMG_0813.JPG

12. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

I give Costco credit for not upping the sodium count to numbers that won't fit in the ingredients panel like the drive-by pizza companies.

13. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

True, but it's the buzzword that triggers. :lol:

[​IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator

hotpot likes this.
  14. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I weep for the people who think that any of those are good options for pizza. We fortunately have great indie pizza joints all over the place here. No need for fast food pizza.

As far as Costco or other similar places, I never eat any food at any place where making that food isn't their primary business. Costco isn't a pizzeria, it's some sort of grocery store? that sells tires and TVs, we don't shop there. Definitely wouldn't eat there.

1293 and koen like this.
  15. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

Generally speaking, Costco products are at least very good, and often better. I can't speak to the pizzas and hot dogs. I generally purchase coffee, some dairy products, almond butter, sardines, and some fresh fruits and veg, when those fruits and veg are not in season. Actually, I get a lot of miscellaneous food items there also. Their house brand products tend to be good.

I like the place, and you don't need to be rich if you use the place enough.

My understanding is that in the context of retail, they treat their employees well, so that's a plus.

joeman335td and rcole_sooner like this.
  16. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

17. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah that was Amy's in Arizona, they did a whole show on that place.

joeman335td and ZackyDog like this.
  18. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

Wwwwwait. GREASY??? :confused:

Nothing wrong with greasy. The absolute best mozzarella, Grande from Wisconsin, oils off when it bakes. A little grease is good. The Costco pizzas I see all have browned cheese. That suggests it's part-skim or overcooked. Not good.

joeman335td and ZackyDog like this.
  19. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

The Pizza always looked good at Costco. My wife thought that we might get a frozen pie from them, and in a pinch, cook it up. Since we live on Long Island, we're a tough crowd with Pizza. Anyway, before investing in a pie, we got a slice. Fuggetaboutit. BJ's Pizza was a little better, but not much.

boredguy6060 likes this.
  20. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

joeman335td and Frank'n'censed like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.