Cort Offset

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by LeftFinger, Jan 7, 2019.

1. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Friend of Leo's

a Lestercaster with a side of road rash:p

2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

This is the Cort I was interested in.

Cort 6-12 C.jpg

Zepfan, LeftFinger and Dan R like this.
  3. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Could this be the year of the Cort? You have to admit, Asian guitars are pretty intriguing. Their value and surprising quality, at times, is noteworthy. Don't write off an Asian guitar unless you have played and heard it.

Paul, that double neck is super bad ass! That thing is a starship. Note the brass hardware, saddles etc. and beautiful wood sandwich. That is nice.

Paul in Colorado and LeftFinger like this.
  4. mal883

mal883 TDPRI Member

Hi, I’ve only just found this forum. But wanted to say I’ve bought this guitar in the blonde finish. I paid €248 from Thomann. It’s a great guitar and usually retails around for the £400 mark in the UK. If I’d paid full price I would still be just as pleased with it.

It has a single piece ash body; a birdseye maple compound neck; custom Manson pickups; and solid tuners that feel like they are low ratio. The only downside for some is the fretboard is jatoba, but I prefer this to rosewood personally.

It’s rumoured that these are made in the same factory as the Indonesian Ibanez. I own a Jackson David Ellefson 5 string bass, also made in Indonesia, and the Cort is comparable to that in terms of its quality. The action on the Cort is nice and low and the neck is very easy to play.

LeftFinger likes this.
  5. D_W_PGH

D_W_PGH Friend of Leo's

I figured I would respond to this, also. I just purchased one of these in the state for $400 shipped (making an offer on ebay). A little more than the prior poster, but the guitar, other than the fret polish, is a really nice and straight guitar. It's solid and heavy (mine's just under 8 pounds) and has a nice middle of the road neck profile, is very straight, good tuners and a decent gig bag.

I'd expect they'll be 1/2 to 2/3rds what I paid used since corts don't hold value - once they've been out long enough for more than one or two to show up used.

The level of finish on the neck is wonderful (minimal amount). After correcting the fret polish level, I'd say think Fender Player for fit and finish, but without the thick finish that I've gotten on player teles. The body finish is more traditional (probably water based), built and polished.

LeftFinger likes this.
  6. D_W_PGH

D_W_PGH Friend of Leo's

So.... after this thread, I bought..

Cort crltd16
    A yellow Manson tc
    A blue mgm
    A blue x custom
    A blue m600
    A sunset 2
    An lcs 1
    A d8 gold sunburnt
    A cr 250
    A cr custom

I think that's it.the two customs already have duncans and averaged $350 each. They're really nice! The others are pretty good, but the mgm and m600 are sort of duplicates, so I think the m600 will go as soon as I cut the nut slots down.

The Manson tc had scruffy frets that needed to be sanded and polished, not just polished, and the m600 has a really high nut, but those are minor things. They are really great guitars for the money. All are straight.

Only the d8, sunset and Manson d's are new.

I've also gotten two eastmans (910ce), one loar 650, an acoustic I can't remember the name of, and a Washburn j6s......and a Japan jazzmaster.

PayPal keeps sending me loan offers for my small business, as I've sold about the same in value. I'm going to send one back notifying them that I have a bad habit, not a business.

LeftFinger likes this.
  7. danzigdan

danzigdan TDPRI Member

A couple of these are definitely on my radar; TC and CR150.

LeftFinger likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.