Correct string ferrules?

MRJ.

Tele-Meister
Does anybody know where I can get the most accurate early 50's style string ferrules for a Tele?

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
The '52' ferrules had no lip...

Don't think this is the case. The "lips" on those ferrules were countersunk into the top.

The ferrules sold by Fender are probably as close to the "real thing" as you are going to find.

Glendale and Callahan also make some.

You are looking for ferrules that have a 3/8" lip and body diameter of 5 steenths.

Cheers

originalmatthew

Tele-Holic
Did some searching on google and found examples of both types (lip and no lip) used in the 50's. Gotta love Leo's consistency. After that searching, i would say use what looks best to your eye.

originalmatthew

Tele-Holic
The stew-mac #0196 ferrules have no rim (lip) around the top of the ferrule and are advertised as "#0196 is for vintage-style flush-fit installation". They just mount flush with the body with no countersink because they are rimless. While searching on google for pics of 50's telecasters, I saw many examples where both types of ferrules were used. Whether or not they were the original ferrules, I do not know.
Not trying to start any controversy here, but if I am completely off base, I bow out to those with more experience. Just as a lark, I emailed fender to ask the source. Will pass on their response if and when I get one. And again, If I am completely wrong, I sincerely apologize.