Corn Silk

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Sanity Inn, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Tele-Meister

Other than a pretty cool name for a Bluegrass band, there seems to be some health benefits of making tea from corn silk, the long fibers under the husk of corn.

there has been much discussion of drugs and ailments here, so I thought I would post this for anyone interested in researching it.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-140/corn-silk

" The long shiny fibers at the top of an ear of corn are called corn silk. Corn silk is used as a medicine.

Corn silk is used for bladder infections, inflammation of the urinary system, inflammation of the prostate, kidney stones, and bedwetting. It is also used to treat congestive heart failure, diabetes, high blood pressure, fatigue, and high cholesterol levels.

How does it work?
    Corn silk contains proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It also contains chemicals which might work like water pills (diuretics), and it might alter blood sugar levels, and help reduce inflammation. "

BorderRadio likes this.
  2. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

We used to smoke it!

Sanity Inn likes this.
  3. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Thanks for the link. Corn pollen has medicinal purposes as well. I don't grow enough plants to be greedy with either silks or pollen though, or I'll have no seed for next season or grain to eat.

Sanity Inn likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.