Cops pulled over my kid today after work, she makes me proud

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 24 track, Oct 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

Seems a bit ironic that changing the manner in which gripping the steering wheel should be needed to avoid harm from safety devices . Must be me , I guess .

tintag27, telemnemonics and 24 track like this.
  2. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

this should be a lesson to all and gives me an idea...have two phones...one you use to text while driving and a second in a bag (by now we all have extra phones after we upgrade to a new phone)...when pulled over...slide the phone under your leg and if asked about the above situation...get the phone out of a bag...boom you just beat getting a ticket

of course im joking around

3. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Afflicted

Anyone who has never seen this video needs to watch it. Key takeaway. Anything you say will be used AGAINST you.

Flakey and 24 track like this.
  4. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

Ah... of course! I'm posting from my phone so I don't get the notice of where posters are living. I should have remembered that 24track lived in BC. :oops:

24 track likes this.
  5. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Holic

You raised your daughter well! A father's pride in his daughter is a great feeling. I too am proud of my daughter. Kudos to you sir!:)

24 track likes this.
  6. ppg677

ppg677 Tele-Meister

I wouldn't recommend talking like that to a police officer. I've seen too many times what happens when you challenge them and then they go on a power trip.

stevemc, nojazzhere, alathIN and 3 others like this.
  7. Grant Austin

Grant Austin Tele-Meister

When they developed airbags, I think they figured a broken arm or dislocated shoulder was better than getting impaled by the steering column.

nojazzhere and 24 track like this.
  8. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sometimes he gets off topic but I like this guy. Common sense advice, Legal information

24 track and Mexitele Blues like this.
  9. bcorig

Say as little as possible.

telemnemonics and 24 track like this.
  10. alathIN

alathIN Tele-Holic

When they developed air bags, the industry worked from the assumption of a restrained driver/passenger.
    .gov said no, they have to work for people not wearing seat belts.
    Voila, air bags that are potentially dangerous to the people in the vehicle.

24 track likes this.
  11. bcorig

Absolutely. “Officer, may I reach for my bag on the floor where my cell phone is?” “Officer, I am reaching for my bag”.

24 track and nojazzhere like this.
  12. bcorig

Perhaps he learned something. Manual transmissions are much less in use.
    In that case you look for head movements and erratic driving.
    Often, I can tell just by the way the car is driving and when I catch up, sure enough, young driver.

24 track likes this.
  13. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

The OP is so Canadian ( a good thing) he’s missing the point.

I am stunned that the officer didn’t also say “Sore-y, eh ? Lemme run back to my car and get ya a Tim’s gift card , eh ? Just wait, be right back ...”

drlucky likes this.
  14. Jerry J

Jerry J Tele-Afflicted

I'm proud she can drive a shift! I have taught all my boys to drive a shift. Only one likes it.

24 track likes this.
  15. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Holic

Dumbest response. In the USA, LEOs gave zero right to search without probable cause and reasonable suspicion. Cops go fishing all the time.
    I personally have held the FHP and Volusia Sheriffs at bay from their fishing expedition as tgey double teamed me, and about a dozen other 'suspects', who were on Rt 44... the backway to Sanford Fl. Looking for "illegal weapons and contraband". Sorry, no search.
    Starting to sound political so I'll shut up.

16. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Meister

Standard? Must be in a different part of the country. We call ‘em manuals up here.

24 track likes this.
  17. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

Honestly, it is NOT worth reprimanding a police officer which is what your daughter did, though politely. She put him in his place. Great, but that is the last thing you want to do with someone in authroity. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF DAY THEY HAD. He could have thought;punk kid and result could have been different THe job does bring attitude to these folks, the redundancy of nothing vs full out KAOS are most police officers MO. They have the authority, you don't. I was driving down a residential street and saw a police officer wave me over. I'm looking for domestic violence, street closure, that sort of thing. I'm looking forward and he walks up to me and asks, DO you know why I pulled you over? I said yes, you have been following me all afternoon. You noticed my even Kiel stops at lights, stopping before the crosswalk and driving safe at all times. He laughed and told me I was doing 20 in a 15 or something like that. He laughed and was diffused. Unfortunately most folks can't or are incapable of kidding and are totally intimated;with good reason.

24 track, Toto'sDad and Flakey like this.
  18. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

So the solution is to train new drivers to grasp the steering wheel in a manner that hiders control ?

19. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Good job racing your daughter. I know you're proud!

24 track likes this.
  20. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah that's a tough call for cops today, being told to pull over motorists for stuff the cop can't really see them doing very well.
    Up till now for the most part illegal driving was easily visible.
    The bad behavior of I'd say some motorists puts the rest of us in an annoying position where we will likely be stopped more often for the appearance of cell phone use, and we can expect that the worst offenders will learn to text with the phone held low to avoid being caught.
    IDK what the local laws are where this stop happened, and have not seen much extra cars pulled over in my area.
    I would think that given the amount of cell use by drivers that I'd see a car pulled over every time I was out driving.
    Nuthin so far and it's been almost a month since we got the law.

AFAIK we are not required to keep both hands on the wheel, and if we were there would have to be new controls installed in cars for heat/ AC/ radio etc.
    I guess lots of new cars have an array of buttons on the steering wheel, but I often drive with one hand because it's more efficient than shuffling two hands back and forth atop the wheel.
    Hope they don't send all the pre 2019 cars to the crusher and start giving tickets of one handed driving!

24 track likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.