Copilot FX Autodialer and Broadband

bholder

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
So these 2 "effects" don't do anything to the signal by themselves, yet are my new favorite fx boxes. So what, then, do they do? Well the Autodialer is an envelope follower that generates an expression pedal signal according to the envelope (that does nothing to the input signal but pass it on), and the Broadband takes that expression signal and duplicates / splits it 3 ways (with independent range and direction controls for each). The combination is very powerful, it lets you place the envelope sensing at the front of the chain, before any compression and/or distortion alter the dynamics, yet control fx later in the chain (really good with modulation, but also turns my EHX Big Muff into a ferocious auto-fuzzwah). With more and more boxes having expression pedal inputs, the possibilities seem endless. So anyway if you're into envelope control, these are highly recommended by me! Copilot customer service also very responsive and helpful (thanks, Adam!). Here's a pic of my board, they're the two white boxes in the upper right just to the left of the Trio:
20220327_150223.jpg