Cooperative Project

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by CptRyg, Dec 15, 2009.

1. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

2 telecasters and a strat in waiting. first time.
    Baby was born on Saturday at noon 2 hours after checking in at the hospital. Healthy big boy at 9lbs 7oz.

2. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

congratulations on your baby boy....

3. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

Also, congratulations on the new BIG baby boy. Momma won't be talking to you anytime soon, I bet.

4. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

5. guitarbuilder

Hey, Thanks for posting that... every once in a while I wonder what ever happened to it.

6. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

Here's a note I got from one of the coordinators.

First let me thank you and your colleagues for providing such an exquisite instrument for us! We will be offering your instrument at a local guitar show in Alsip IL this Sunday and also at a two day show in St Charles IL on the 19th and 20th of May. You can check out our post on our local FB page at http://www.facebook.com/Guitars.For.Vets.Chicago.IL The description is based on what I learned from Cynthia and a guess as to the wood quality.

If you can, could you please give some additional info on the guitar: what type of wood and quality is the top – I listed it as AAA but it was a guess; is it a solid top; what type of pups; neck wood; profile and composition? Also, if you would like us to credit you and your colleagues by name please let me know and I will be very happy to do so.

Thanks again for all that you have done.

Bernie Kampf

Guitars For Vets

Chicagoland Volunteer Coordinator

bkampf@sbcglobal.net

+1 630.513.5773 (H)

+1 630.235.7470 (M)

7. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

Hey guys. It's been awhile but here's some closure on this project.

A few weeks ago, Patrick from Guitars for Vets gave me a call and let me know that this thing toured with them to trade shows for the last few years. It had gotten them a lot of publicity and interest.

It finally went up for auction and I got this note today.

Hi, I won the auction for the red telecaster on Reverb recently, and just wanted to thank you for what you're doing with Guitars For Vets. When I got home from Iraq in 1991, my dad gave me his Ovation to play. Having that guitar made a difference over the following years that I can't fully articulate - but I was able to express some of what I was feeling through particular songs, or just being able to play as a distraction from other things was such a help. I'm sure that the Veterans you are helping know what I'm talking about.

What a privilege it is to make a contribution to your work, and to have this guitar for all that it represents.

Keynan

Here is a link from Reverb. I'm really happy to see this project closed, how about you!
    https://reverb.com/item/866528-guitars-for-vets-custom-telecaster

8. guitarbuilder

Thanks for the update. It's hard to believe that it has been 6 years since this thing started.

9. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Wow. Awesome, very inspiring. I wasn't a member when you started this but it was one of the first threads I read. My dad was an MP, my Uncle Tom a Marine and my Uncle George (who taught me wood working) was in the Navy. This is such a great tribute to our nations heroes! Well done! Great way to close it out too.

"I never felt I had enough personal style to pursue being just a guitarist."
    - B. Springsteen

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.