Coolest Car You Ever Owned?

OlRedNeckHippy

Poster Extraordinaire
1965 Buick LeSabre, 2 door, hardtop. Had the 400 something (maybe 401?) Wildcat motor in it. It was awesome! Said with a french accent: We were swashbuckeling through Phoenix in the Le Saber!

It looked a lot like this:

1965-buick-lesabre-400

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
1965 Buick LeSabre, 2 door, hardtop. Had the 400 something (maybe 401?) Wildcat motor in it. It was awesome! Said with a french accent: We were swashbuckeling through Phoenix in the Le Saber!

It looked a lot like this:

1965-buick-lesabre-400
I had a 1970.
I called it my land yacht.
It was given to me.
I moved to Tulsa in it, in 1987.
I was able to get everything I owned in it.
A couple of guitars, a PSG, a Twin, and some clothes.
It was a great, dependable sled.
I gave it to a friend, who finished driving it into the ground.
Mine was dark blue, and had been lovingly maintained by the kind gentleman who gave it to me.
Mr. Lucksinger, my best friend’s father-in-law.
RIP, and thank you, sir.

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
2 back to back.

'67 Chevelle. Lipstick red with red interior. 2 door. Buckets. Console auto. Duals. 300 horse 327. Absolutely no rust. Hole size of a baseball in both mufflers. Sounded like WWIII when started. At the time, it was just another old used car.
View attachment 989152

'66 Olds Starfire. Delta 88 body with 2 big doors. Lipstick red. 425 Super Rocket with 10:1 compression. Duals. Factory buckets and tach. Posi. 2 4bbls. Got rubber off the line, going into 2nd, and going into 3rd with a console automatic. Trunk you could put a dead basketball team in. Bought for $500 in the Thrifty Nickel. Named it "Lurch." Would love to find another one ...
View attachment 989151
Two 4bbl's ... impressive

Endless Mike

Friend of Leo's
2007 Volvo XC-70, and a 2007 Volvo V-70R. The XC-70 handled like riding on clouds, or really nice pillows. Had a lot of get up and go, too. You might not think a Volvo wagon can get around, but that one did.

Then there's the V-70R. Designed to be a racing car. It showed. Man that thing could go, and quickly too. We've all heard of zero to sixty in X number of seconds. That car went from zero to sixty in mere seconds. Sadly, it was burning large amounts of oil, and the work it would require to correct it was more than I could justify, so I sold it to someone prepared to deal with the issue. Great car, maybe I'll own another someday.

Guitharley

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
cruser.jpg
cruz1.jpeg
ta1.jpeg

78 Land cruiser 79 Trans Am
you can see in the last picture the Pontiac pointing towards town and the LandCruiser pointing to the bush...kinda Jekyle and Hyde thingy..but not in a creepy way ..... I hope

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
I've had some truly cool or collectable cars including the Model A still in our family.

Two maybe boring to others Toyotas are coolest because they served some of the best and worst our family has dealt with reliably like no others.

At times I marvel at our little German wagon that's a modern dinosaur - manual transmission with modern electronics and AWD.