Coolest Car You Ever Owned?

kLyon

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
Well, it was either the Mercedallac, which I inherited from the friend - Michael Rogers - who created it, but nobody could ever get to run and eventually I sold to a museum in Germany:
IMG_20180722_142434.jpg

Or the Blue Republican, that my old friend Larson Paine located in a thrift store lot, I bought for $900, that ran trouble-free for 15 years, seen on the day that I donated it after if finally, irrevocably failed smog inspection))
2012-12-18 15.56.07.jpg

Kev-wilson

Tele-Meister
The one on the left was cool and gave me 35,000 miles after the transplant, the one on the right had the worlds best diesel engine and a chassis that rotten I ran out of places to plate to :p

1655291589941.jpeg

The trooper was my work truck/boat tow vehicle but the (ex) missus was expecting so said to upgrade the car, but the engine was mint so I bought the Frontera from a salvage auction with a blown engine so put the trooper one in, took me 6 weeks start to finish in my spare time and passed the MOT the day before my youngest was born at home so she got a ride to the hospital in it :) and the Fronty gave me 5 years service.

Last edited:

JIMMY JAZZMAN

Tele-Holic
'65 Ford Mustang, maroon metal flake, chrome wheels, 3 on the floor and a six-pack
in the back (beer that is). No pics, sorry, just lovely memories.

MTPoteet

Tele-Holic
For PostingHood copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 10.33.12 AM.png
P1010075 copy.JPG

I have regretfully gotten rid of more cool cars than I care to mention, but currently I own the 30 Ford Sedan, sold the Pontiac a few years back, I still see it once in a while and am now selling the Chevelle for a widowed neighbor.
Diggin' all of the older stuff I'm seeing here. Some of it I can do without. The Tesla, new Mini (I like the originals) the lowered Dodge pick up, I can do with out that kind of stuff, but to each their own, I' m sure they may not like mine.

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I had a Mini 1000 which I tuned to the hilt and back. It looked bog stock aside from the centre exit exhaust and slightly lowered stance with just a smidgen of negative camber. It wasn't much louder either. Street dozer, if not exactly sleeper. Still 1000cc.
A Mini with the right long centre branch manifold and pipe sounds like a small capacity V8. Odd but true :)
65 wheel horsepower, as measured on the dyno. It went like a stabbed rat. 10" wheels and drum brakes. The poor brakes didn't really matter as the handling and grip were so good, a lift off of the throttle on entry, then a mash-the-pedal at apex was enough to pull round any corner.

In second place, a Skyline R31. The one that looks like a Laurel. Every roundabout became a sideways adventure. Sometimes when it wasn't wanted ( ahem )

DesmoDog

Tele-Afflicted
I'm not sure which one has been the coolest. Here are a couple that would be in contention I suppose.

1966 Mustang. Wanted one forever. Almost bought one a couple times. This one was much more of a project than it looks, I ended up selling it when I realized I had so many more projects around than I had time.
IMG_2641_m.jpg

1960 VW Karmnn Ghia. Inherited it from my dad. Spent a lot of time and money on making it into something else. Bought Okrasa parts for the stock (36hp) engine. Built a Type IV VW engine out of a Porsche 914 for it. Then bought an engine out of a Porsche 356 for it. None of these were ever actually installed in the car.

Ghia_1411_l.jpg

One weekend I put it in the garage to redo the stock brakes. Should have taken an afternoon. Three years later the car re-emerged with a new front suspension, Brakes from a 356 Porsche, and a dual circuit master cylinder. In fact it had three master cylinders put in it during those three years. Then I put new wheels/tires on it with Porsche style VW wheel covers with a Wolfsburg logo on them. That process turned out to be MUCH more involved than it should have been.

That one also got sold when I realized I had too many projects. The first thing the new owner did was ditch the new wheels and put the old wheels/tires on it.

teletail

Friend of Leo's
My coolest car ever is my current ride Jeep Rubicon. It’s noisy, leaks, underpowered, horrible ride, worse gas mileage, but I love it.

9E55DB4B-075E-4AA7-A665-E3CA7AD46854.jpeg

My father bought one of these at a dealership in Syracuse, NY. Sold it 6 months later. Two teenage drivers made it too expensive to insure. He said it would pass anything except a gas station; 6 miles to the gallon. I couldn’t find a pic, here’s a stock one.

5FBCBC96-BDEB-4F48-9CDC-6E61BBE6B0D9.jpeg