1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Coolers. Pelican vs. Yeti

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ieatlions, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I can’t speak to the coolers, but those yeti tumblers are magic. Especially handy in the mid Florida heat, which is essentially 11 months of the year.

ieatlions likes this.
  2. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

Rubbermaid, Coleman, Playmate. Ice or freezer packs.

I was surprised recently to find out there were other, more exotic brands ($$$). :rolleyes: Please.

3. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

The problem with the 5-day coolers is that all that insulation has to go somewhere, so they're a lot bigger on the outside than on the inside. Also, if you're opening the thing up every few minutes for somebody to get a beer, no cooler will last long. Car-camping this summer I brought along the trusty Igloo Marine -- big, light, holds temp well enough -- and not the Engel, which is very awkward carry for one guy when fully loaded.

ieatlions likes this.
  4. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Afflicted

Like my Yeti, used it for plenty of camping trips..

I did purchase a Multi-Cart/Hand Truck as it becomes heavy for one person to carry when fully packed.

I make my own solid blocks of ice using foil trays as my first layer of ice. I also “prime” it the night before inside my house (placing ice inside for at least twelve hours).

Edit: I used my REI rewards to purchase my Yeti as it’s quite expensive full price!

4176530A-C198-44E8-9F9B-41F56477F80D.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    ieatlions likes this.
  5. 1 21 gigawatts

1 21 gigawatts Tele-Meister

I have quite a few Pelican gun and equipment cases, so I'd get that if I needed a Tier 1 cooler. The Coleman Marine cooler is way cheaper and does the job that I need it to do.

6. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

My beef with Yeti isn't so much the price but how small the darn thing is on the inside.

7. loco gringo

loco gringo Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

These are good coolers. I have done several 8 or 9 day float trips and still had ice at the end. I have had one for 11 or 12 years. It has a lot of river miles on it.

https://canyoncoolers.com/

ieatlions likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.