1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Cool dark moody web jam collaboration

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Riffraff12571, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Riffraff12571

Riffraff12571 Tele-Holic

One of the cool things that has happened in the last 12 months since we have been socially distanced is people are coming together via web apps to make music. We need to satisfy the urge to jam! While searching for a way to get that done I found a website called wikiloops where people can get together and collaborate on music or even form bands (not sure how that works because I just signed up and haven't looked at that yet). While checking it out I found a dark moody clip 2 guys started, Dan from England who used a keyboard/sequencer to paint the landscape and a guitar player from New Hampshire who added some texture to it. It moved me and I couldn't resist jumping in and adding a few tracks of my own. I used my '71 Plexi modded YBA-1 and a Tele for my tracks. It was great fun and sounds pretty good except for one sour note in my lead. LOL

Here's the clip. I used a few creepy pictures of an abandoned college nearby that fit the mood of the tune to load it on Youtube. I'm REALLY glad to have something other than a looper pedal to play with.

radiocaster and decker like this.
  2. decker

decker Tele-Afflicted

Nice, moody.

3. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I like the video too.

4. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

You sound great, nice job.

Have you been to the subforum Twanger Central here at tdpri? We have 2 to 3 backing tracks per week that the community plays to and posts, and people only talk about the better parts and basically leave the negatives out. People would enjoy your playing here. It can become like a production line where the product is your ability to just play and leave cut and paste and other production tweaks out, just raw playing. I always take full takes and leave it at that. Now it may have taken a few attempts to get that full take, but all this is just what I do.
    Come on over, play one of the BTs, maybe post.

5. Riffraff12571

Riffraff12571 Tele-Holic

Cool, no I didn't know that existed. I'll definitely check that out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.