Contributions toward a philosophy of the sandwich. Part II.

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
I like purple meat, but it's not so good for you. I definitely wouldn't pile it as high and deep as the photo shows.

D.H.
It is probably all fluffed up for the pic. But you are right, that sort of thing is bad. It tastes awesome though, just like bacon.

wildschwein

Friend of Leo's
Open and with pickled herrings please:
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F08%2F04%2F13%2F04%2FPickled-herring-on-rye.jpg

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__recipes__images__2014__12__20141201-smorrebrod-herring-vicky-wasik-3-9143da2af20547eebd3983d98b8a6726.jpg

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
THe day of real sandwiches are gone Eliminated by Corporate food. People think they are getting a sandwich at Subway, Arby's and a host of other franchises with jungle meat product and high carb crap. Here in Phoenix, one of the best most affordable places to get a sandwich is Sprouts. Every time I go there, its new instructions on the same sandwich I get. Each sandwich creates a deer in the headlights situation. BUT they have Boars head meats. None of the corporate chains I mentioned have high quality meats. SO the sandwich is dead before it starts. Corporations are screwing all other facets of human life, why not this one. The best deli meats are Vienna out of Chicago & Boarshead. There are probably a few local purveyors in your area doing a good job too, but go find them before they disappear. There use to be excellent Capicola mfg's, but now all I find is Boarshead.

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
Arby's Beef & Cheddar.
Equals green stoole in toilet, just like it looked on the sandwich. Hold Arby's roast beef up to the light. THe colors in it are enough to create your own acid trip with out the chemicals, just emotion.