constant spam emails from tdpri

naneek

Tele-Holic
I am constantly receiving spam emails from tdpri, with forum thread titles as the subject line.
This is very annoying. I did not request this.

It says it is a "newsletter" but it is not, it's just an automated list of thread titles and links pasted into a form. I have unsubscribed repeatedly, but the emails keep coming.

@Admins, I suggest you change this policy. If this is a new "feature" of the upgrade I suggest you disable it.

If this is some sort of new "user engagement" algorithm, I suggest you leave that kind of invasive B.S. to facebook.

I have been a member here since 2010 and never received unwanted emails until the recent update. Ever since then they have been incessant.

If there is an option on the website to turn this off, I haven't found it yet.
And if there is an option to disable it, the site operators' choice to arbitrarily enable these constant emails without my say-so is an obnoxious decision.

naneek

Tele-Holic
Upper right of the TDPRI web page [your username] Click
Bottom left of the resulting list [preferences] Click
Middle-top of the page [ checkbox - Receive news and update emails] Uncheck

Now you won't get those any more.
thanks pixeljammer, I'll update here if that works. Unsubscribing didn't make any difference.

I'm still miffed that the admins arbitrarily decided to change users' site preference settings during the update. I don't think this feature could be of any benefit to anyone aside from tdpri's advertisers, and site engagement statistics.