1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Considering a Highway One...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Jonloder, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Lakeabilene

Lakeabilene TDPRI Member

I have a 2006 Highway One strat, they did some weird hybrid stuff to make the american made guitar cheap. No one really knows what years and what they did differently, but on mine, The tremolo bridge is strange. It has 2 1/16th`s "Narrow String Spacing" & 2 7/32nd`s "Mounting Spacing". Will not fit 2 1/16th`s "Mounting Spacing". So it's mount screws fit an USA body but the strings are narrow to fit the narrow import necks. I have used them to repair other strats that had the strings falling off the side of the fretboard.

2. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

It is not weird and it is well documented what Fender did.
    It was about mid-year 2006 the changes occurred.
    It is the same string spacing the American Standards have.
    It is to adjust for the fact the USA models have rolled fingerboard edges, the narrower spacing helps keep the strings from falling off the edges.

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'd like to clarify some things, about an alder body (non Texas) 2003 Highway One:

a) Stock pickups ain't RWRP - the "upgrade" ones are but the earlier, decent ones are not;

b) Unless refretted it will have the Medium Jumbo wire. Wire size changes about 2005-6, roughly but not perfectly matching the switch from Spaghetti to Black 70s headstock script.

Oh, and btw the Baja pickups aren't RWRP either. With all the partial out of phase and out of phase switching, RWRP is off limits. If a guy with a Baja chooses to replace the stock pickups with some that are RWRP, you'll have to give up some of your stock wiring options.

4. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Sweet Tele's, wish I had got one back then. A definite keeper all the way. I tried one at the time, had the money burning in my pocket STILL did buy it!!!!!!! Bought an SG at the time, oh well......:(

5. ADK Teleman

ADK Teleman Tele-Afflicted

I love mine! I did do 2 mods to mine. 1) Brass saddles and 2) Seymour Duncan Stacked Vintage pups. Went from a great guitar to a phenomenal guitar!

Mincer likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.