Congratulations all Winners and Participants

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Guitar novice, Oct 3, 2013.

1. dave4567

dave4567 Tele-Meister

Congratulations to the winners and everyone involved! It was a lot of fun, hope to do it again next year.

2. BluesBlooded

BluesBlooded Friend of Leo's

Congratulation to the winners and every participant! We did great!

3. nblades

nblades Tele-Meister

You all did a great job! Inspiring work!

4. Flynztone

Flynztone Tele-Holic

Congrats to a fellow Michigander and I won't be ready to get into one of these challenges for a couple more years but just as soon as I can wear my big boy pants I will climb aboard. Still working on my first three tele style builds and getting sent backwards from stupid mistakes. With all the talent and years of experience here on TDPRI odds are I will never win anything as I am coming into building very late in the game at 53 years of age but it would be fun to try anyhow. Additionally, I still work a lot with my business as well as performing and finding the time to do this is a challenge in and of itself. My initial tele builds probably won't be complete until next summer as I have no place to do finish work inside my home with proper ventilation and I am also building my own necks so I have to get a few practice necks under my belt before putting one on a guitar I'm sure.

Dog gone Lions defense looked pretty good last Sunday no?

5. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Phil, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Congrats to EVERYONE.

6. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

I was really impressed with the quality of workmanship and the creative designs.
    I voted for one of the winners.
    I tried to vote for those builders who went a little outside the box.
    I can't find the thread right now but someone in there had made an old baroque instrument with a tele decor. (BTW, if you want to sell that let me know.)
    I also really loved the double neck, thoough I might have made one neck a 12 string.
    But all in all, they were all beautiful guitars and
    Thanks to all of you builders for sharing your talent with us.

7. bigguy12321

bigguy12321 Tele-Meister

Same as everyone else above except I'd like to add...

What are the rules and when do we get to start next years challenge?!?!?!?!?!

Can't wait.

8. rockdog.

rockdog. Tele-Meister

Congrats to all winners and participants, so many awesome and creative new guitars out there, wow!

9. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Some amazing talented craftsmen - congrats to all.

10. stratomite

stratomite Tele-Meister

I hope you guys--and gal--realize how inspiring your guitar projects are to this group.

Congrats to all.

MCT, thanks for the great tutorial on using Apoxie Sculpt to do binding. I have been nervous about tackling a binding project, but I will try this approach.

11. motor_city_tele

motor_city_tele Tele-Afflicted

Speaking of rules.
    In 2011, I was thinking . . . I have to play this thing for a whole minute, impossible. but 30 takes later I managed to come up with the minimum requirements.

This year the two minute video rule was a little extreme. 3 minutes would be perfect. If anyone is interested in watching the other videos we made that night, I'll post links on my thread when the lock is removed. all are around 2 minutes. It was my wife who came up with the song to play for the video. It took her about a millisecond.

12. Mojotron

Mojotron Poster Extraordinaire

one to two minutes seemed about right to me

13. Mojotron

Phones.... Seemed about right to me .... I think I need a 2 minute limit to keep from blabbing on about stuff :)

14. gtrguru

gtrguru Friend of Leo's

All three guitars are absolutely stunning.

15. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

For a guy like me who's just starting - and making the usual goofs - the amount of combined knowledge blows me away. Very inspiring. It's like the best class you ever had in school. Congrats to all of you and thanks for your willingness to share. I love this place!

16. ItZaLLGooD

ItZaLLGooD Tele-Holic

This is the most informative, helpful and friendly guitar oriented site on the internet and these challenges are proof.

Congratulations to all of the participants and especially the winners. Great work from everyone.

17. mmoncur

mmoncur Tele-Meister

Congratulations everyone! It did seem like the standards went way up this year. I'd be happy to own any of the guitars in the whole challenge, including the two beginner ones!

It was lots of fun and again I finished a guitar that normally would have been put off for a year or two. Unlike last year I managed to make a very playable neck, so I ended up with a great guitar!

See you all next year. I'm hoping I'll be ready to enter in the non-yardstick category by then. :)

18. Mojotron

I recently ran into some references to better ways of doing nut slots in the challenge threads. I redid a lot of work on this year's build especially the nut, bridge and reshaped the neck back profile a little - as well as using acetone to remove most of the lacquer off of the back of the neck to give it a satin finish on the back of the neck - after the challenge and I think mine is now the best playing/sounding guitar I've made. These builds are a real great library of ideas!!

19. dazzaman

dazzaman Tele-Afflicted

My congrats to the winners as well, and to everyone else who was in the challenge, whether they finished or otherwise. It was all great fun, albeit intense and tiring. A lot of great guitars - the standard is being lifted every year.

20. OpenG Capo4

OpenG Capo4 Friend of Leo's

This years challenge set the bar very high. Great work everybody!

And I'm honored to have gotten the votes I did. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.