Confessions of a Truefire junkie

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by MuddyDitch, May 10, 2017.

1. MuddyDitch

MuddyDitch Tele-Holic

My name is Erik and I picked up eight new courses for five bucks a piece on the Cinco de Mayo sale. They all run about 3 hours so it's the deal of the year. Chord Melody Cafe has some groovy stuff that's easy and fun and I stocked up on a bunch of the country lesson packs. My year is all planned out.

2. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

My name is Piotr and I buy TrueFire courses quicker than I can go through them.
    I won't buy more before I finish the one's I have. I promise!

3. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

I had to sit on my hands on this one. It was very hard at $5 a course.
    Promised myself no more until I complete what I have.

Piotr likes this.
  4. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The Force is strong with you!

5. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

I have many courses paid for, and a lick or two from each one down pat. But I really don't care for some of the lessons, but the ones I like, I learn.

6. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire

I resisted the sale this time, though the emails did lead me to browse the options. I already have my lessons planned for the next six months and did not want to add too much extra stuff until I complete my current goals.

7. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

I got lucky. For some reason, my email just stopped for 3 or 4 days and I didn't notice. Last night I had almost 200 new mail items, including all the cinco de mayo truefire sales.

8. schnulli

schnulli Tele-Meister

I'm in the same boat; normally I can't resist.

This time however I was strong and picked up only one course.

Having said that, the sale is still ongoing. Hmmmmmm...

:rolleyes:

9. matrix

matrix Tele-Meister

Oh, I am such a Truefire Junkie. But I make no apologies. A $5 course is less that I would drop without thinking on a guitar magazine back in the day, and I get soooooo much more out of even their weaker offerings than I ever got out of any magazine ever.

And their strongest stuff is so very, very, very good. The good ones (like anything by Cory Congilio) I work through diligently, and they have absolutely transformed my playing. I find I can usually work through two more or less in parallel (one wrapping up, another starting). any more and my attention and practice time get too scattered.

Right now I am in the early weeks of working through Jeff McErlain's new one "Chord Tone Soloing", and I feel like a whole new world is being revealed before my ears...this was the lesson I was looking for. When I have spent a bit more time with it, I should make another post to share the experience. So many pieces are falling together now.

src9000 likes this.
  10. Zercado

Zercado TDPRI Member Ad Free Member

I bought a course or two last year that I enjoyed and thought were good value. Then with my accumulated TrueFire cash and their 50% discount special I joined for the year. Amazing value as I can watch as many courses as I want and I think i spent just over $100.

11. LarryH

LarryH TDPRI Member

I'd never heard of Truefire until i saw this thread. I'm only a week into my free trial, but have already made more progress than I had in a few months.

Thank you for inadvertently pointing me to it!

matrix likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.