Confessions of a Truefire junkie

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by MuddyDitch, May 10, 2017.

1. MuddyDitch

MuddyDitch Tele-Holic

My name is Erik and I picked up eight new courses for five bucks a piece on the Cinco de Mayo sale. They all run about 3 hours so it's the deal of the year. Chord Melody Cafe has some groovy stuff that's easy and fun and I stocked up on a bunch of the country lesson packs. My year is all planned out.

2. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

My name is Piotr and I buy TrueFire courses quicker than I can go through them.
    I won't buy more before I finish the one's I have. I promise!

3. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

I had to sit on my hands on this one. It was very hard at $5 a course.
    Promised myself no more until I complete what I have.

Piotr likes this.
  4. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

The Force is strong with you!

5. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

I have many courses paid for, and a lick or two from each one down pat. But I really don't care for some of the lessons, but the ones I like, I learn.

6. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire

I resisted the sale this time, though the emails did lead me to browse the options. I already have my lessons planned for the next six months and did not want to add too much extra stuff until I complete my current goals.

7. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

I got lucky. For some reason, my email just stopped for 3 or 4 days and I didn't notice. Last night I had almost 200 new mail items, including all the cinco de mayo truefire sales.

8. schnulli

schnulli Tele-Meister

I'm in the same boat; normally I can't resist.

This time however I was strong and picked up only one course.

Having said that, the sale is still ongoing. Hmmmmmm...

:rolleyes:

9. matrix

matrix Tele-Meister

Oh, I am such a Truefire Junkie. But I make no apologies. A $5 course is less that I would drop without thinking on a guitar magazine back in the day, and I get soooooo much more out of even their weaker offerings than I ever got out of any magazine ever.

And their strongest stuff is so very, very, very good. The good ones (like anything by Cory Congilio) I work through diligently, and they have absolutely transformed my playing. I find I can usually work through two more or less in parallel (one wrapping up, another starting). any more and my attention and practice time get too scattered.

Right now I am in the early weeks of working through Jeff McErlain's new one "Chord Tone Soloing", and I feel like a whole new world is being revealed before my ears...this was the lesson I was looking for. When I have spent a bit more time with it, I should make another post to share the experience. So many pieces are falling together now.

src9000 likes this.
  10. Zercado

Zercado TDPRI Member

I bought a course or two last year that I enjoyed and thought were good value. Then with my accumulated TrueFire cash and their 50% discount special I joined for the year. Amazing value as I can watch as many courses as I want and I think i spent just over $100.

11. LarryH

LarryH TDPRI Member

I'd never heard of Truefire until i saw this thread. I'm only a week into my free trial, but have already made more progress than I had in a few months.

Thank you for inadvertently pointing me to it!

matrix likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.