1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Concept Idea for new Reissue Amps.....Calling all TDPRI Members!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by The-Kid, Dec 31, 2019.

Reissue Plus. Reissues with modern Features

This poll will close on Nov 30, 2021 at 5:39 AM.
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

DI would include Reactive Load and cab sim as standard on a lot of stuff...

And again no to all of this....

Yes I get it wont be a rave with "traditionalists" but it makes sense to a lot of people.

FX loop would be needed because Attuenation would allow possible to crank the amp and get into natural OD at lower volumes unlike with regular Reissues, this would make FX loop useful. Also a good substitute and alternative to FRFR for players seeking a tube amp for their NexGen modeller, Helix, Axe FX, Kemper....nothing would beat a Twin or Deluxe Reverb with an FX loop for this purpose....would convince many in this crowd to heavily consisder a Twin or Deluxdle Reverb for this application.

They can figure out an FX loop and DI with cab sim rls. And as posted earlier a master or attunation would work like a charm.

I think many players would appreciate the updates and compromise knowing this isnt exactly a Reissue

And as said no one is proposing getting rid of the Reissues but simply extending the line to include these.

It wouldnt take long for Fender to incorporate and develop their own DI rls and attunation systems and as for real estate and this and that....they happen to fit it in Super Sonics...they can figure it out here too.

As said this video gave me proof for me that the concept is viable and can deliver and Fender can make something much the same and then the other stuff FX loop and DI with cab sim reactive load only follow naturally and easy.

At 3/10 or 1/4, even for traditional players, some see a need for these.

At TGP 1 out 2 players believe it to be sound and at Strat Talk 6 out of 10 players...

In my opinion players do want something like this and it is totally possible to make something what like this concept proposes.

Look at this Vintage Princeton do its magic with one of these and still sound like its crancked at lower volumes....doesnt seem like its a complicated device and it works perfectly.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  2. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Afflicted

I typed out a couple of responses in line but that's just too much. You are a very dedicated poster or you are having a manic episode - either one I can respect.

The amp you describe sounds like a very cool amp. However, I would rather see fender put out a foot switchable attenuator like the vid above with all of this built in:

-headphone jack
    -DI out such as you describe, IR/cab sim
    -effects loop post-power amp, pre-attenuator
    -built in A/B switcher to switch between normal and vibrato channels, with separate assignable attenuator levels per channel
    -boost switch as above
    -not much larger than a Memory Man
    -MIDI control
    -matching beer coozy

It goes on your pedal board. You plug your guitar into your dirt pedals into the box. Plug your time effects into the loop. One instrument cable to each channel, 2 speaker cables to the rear of the amp.

Now any 2 channel fender amp, vintage or reissue, is the amp you describe, plus channel switching.

Now have a sip of that beer, which is still cold despite just having played for 35 minutes straight. Nice coozy bro.

They could get that to market for 300 bones. And sell every one. And call it The Vibe-tenuator.

And maybe send me one if they decide to build it.

The-Kid likes this.
  3. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

The Universal Audio Ox Box does all this when connected to any amp. 'Nuff said.

Mexitele Blues likes this.
  4. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Call me a traditionalist.....

But I like as little as possible between my guitar and amp....

Plus feel somethings would work better integrated into amp as FX loop or DI with cab sim/emulation. Attenuator yeah could get a box....but again feel it would work better integrated into amp...

Im just old school like that.

;):p

Mexitele Blues likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.