1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Concept Idea for new Reissue Amps.....Calling all TDPRI Members!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by The-Kid, Dec 31, 2019.

Reissue Plus. Reissues with modern Features

This poll will close on Nov 30, 2021 at 5:39 AM.
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Yes.

Really dont understand the whole. My amp is heavy thing....

Install wheels. Theyve been around forever

bftfender likes this.
  2. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Just a fun idea hope there are many who like it as much as the dudes at strat-talk.

3. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

And again this wouldnt be for everyone.

To those who dont need the extra features thar is to be expected and respected but for those of us who want/need em....

They should make em and catch up and meet our demands.

Not proposing we get rid of the Reissues but make an extension of them with added features........

The regular Reissues we all know and love will never go away but it would be great if we could get updated versions with the features mentioned.

For those who are satisfied with their resissues as is that is cool. This aint for them. I respect that and thanks for the feedback. @Vespa_One @Guitarteach @stormsedge

But.......

For those who love the Reissues but can see some use for the features especially Master Volume/Attenuator this is what youve been waiting for.

It would be as traditional an Reissue same knobs in same places just adding one extra one in the back for the Master Volume/Attenuator along. The DI and Fx Loop would be extra but the Attenuator and Master Volume would be the prime feature IMO.

This isnt about slaming the currrent Reissues or talking down on them. Just some of us, me included would love to see this concept become a reality to get it in our rig.

I would love to see these. Especially a Twin.

4. Apache Snow

Apache Snow Tele-Meister

They wouldn't be reissues. They would be a new amp. Not something I would be in the market for.

nojazzhere likes this.
  5. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

The idea is simple...

Same amp added features.

Same Reissue amp. But with the features added in the back.

If you wouldnt like them great....but what makes it a bad idea?

It wouldn hurt you that they are there. They are for players like me who want them.

Why not?

Just curios. Thanks

Cheers

6. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

I understand if you personally wouldnt want them but why brush it off as a bad idea for others who very well will want these if they are made and be willing to pay.

Whats up with that?

etype likes this.
  7. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Also at @Apache Snow and others please feel free to vote if you havent already. Yes or no.

No wrong asnwer.

Votes are secret and even I cant see them so there is anonymity.

Cheers and thanks for the responses so far guys.

8. Velorex

Velorex Tele-Meister

It IS a good Idea.
    I would bei glad if my Princeton
    had all those gimmiks.

Velorex

gregulator450 and The-Kid like this.
  9. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

That is the risk that Fender Marketing faces. There are buyers who don't even test these amps out because of the little extra circuits that are easy to put in at the factory but prohibitive for any buyer to consider aftermarket.

Light weight amp ... That's called Solid State amplification. Been around for decades.

But yes, the death of tube amps is coming from their aging fan demographic. They can't lift and lug those things anymore, or even if they can, they are asking "why?"

NewKid, nojazzhere and The-Kid like this.
  10. vintagelove

vintagelove Tele-Meister

Fx loop, great. The rest not at all interested.

The-Kid likes this.
  11. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Good point to make regarding marketing. Its not everbody but a good portion of guys looking at new amps with big bucks dismiss the Flagship Models of Fenders line up..
    ...........this may solve that problem in that regard. Interesting and good input.@jvin248

Maybe im still a younling at 29 and dont know what lies ahead of me so I may take it for granted.

Heres for that feather weight tube amp one of these days.....maybe sooner than you think.https://korgnutube.com/en/
    @Vespa_One

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  12. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Dude.......

@vintagelove
    You know your ganna wanna push back the MV/ Ateunator and cranck the hell out of that Deluxe reverb late at night.

Or record DI at night.....maybe put in headphone aux out for fun.

Yes.

Dont lie to yourself......

I know you lol

Jk

Wildcard_35 likes this.
  13. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

Do you want actual feedback from players who likely have thought about this very issue? Or do you just want numbers in your camp?

The line between bad idea and reasons why people don't want something is subjective, at best.

I don't think it's a bad idea. But I don't think it's a particularly good idea, either. I'm willing to bet Fender has already debated this to death, and things would be different if they figured it was worth it. I certainly don't think it's a good idea for my purposes. I'm also willing to bet I'm not alone in that. Either way, if you don't like where I'm going with my opinion, I'm not gonna waste more cyberspace explaining further.

14. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Yes me too....

Thats why Im making this effort.

I asked the one of the dudes at HQ. Great guy for real a dear. But when I asked why not no updated models.....

"Were trying to make the same amp everyone knows and loves and were trying to stick to that formula" verbatim like a script as if they get asked all the time which yes I get......

he then reffered me to the tone masters....which are great sounding but not what Im looking for and do not and will not satisfy me the way a RI does with features or no features......

Didnt desuade me from buying and loving my Princeton RI and never will....

but damn just imagine that one with the features I mentioned....or the Twin Reverb or the great Deluxe Reverb. Had they had those....maybof soent more and gone Deluxe for sure. These are great already as is but imagine with the features and making these "65 Reissue Plus" concepts a reality

If Im here. The customer saying...."whats up with this Model T car....its good and all and it works like it did in 1920....but why no anti-locking breaks....or how about cruise control or maybe a seatbelt. "

"I will gladly pay more for these features....."

Its going to be 2020 fellas. We can do this :) with support from ordinary folks like you and help from our overlords at Fender HQ.....

Im not looking for overwhelming support or 100% yes....but all we need is enough of us to go, " you know what, yeah they should put anti-locking breaks in my car, and cruise control, and a seatbelt, a mini fridge with a cell phone in there".....

I really feel if there enough of us who say as such they may not make it outright....but they will take it into consideration fot sure.

Okay its not the 20s or 80s but you understand what Im getting at with my car analogy.

15. stormin1155

stormin1155 Tele-Holic

Kind of like a Super Champ X2. I know the SC isn't a reissue of one of the original Champs, but if it were...

The whole idea of a "reissue" is to remain true to the original design, so if you did this, you really couldn't call it a reissue, since an amp like that was never "issued" in the first place. But I guess if Epiphone can reissue Les Pauls from the '50s and '60s, I guess anything is fair game.

The-Kid likes this.
  16. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Afflicted

You keep using that word - reissue - I do not think it means what you think it means...

17. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Interesting idea, but it won't fly.

Guitarists want everything to be "exactly like the 1965 Deluxe Reverb I had when I was young". Even the RI amps get slammed for not being exactly like the original. Guitarists don't even want modern updates on a Tele or a Strat, because they are "not like the original".

OK - not all are like that, but enough that Fender has to keep re-releasing the same few amp sounds so they can sell.

The Tone Master series is a great example - they aimed to make them sound "like the original". They could make a great amp with a new sounds palette, but nobody will buy them because they don't sound "exactly like the 1969 Twin Reverb I had when I was a teenager".

Sad, but true.

I like your idea, but I just don't think it would be commercially viable. Of course, I know nothing of marketing strategy at Fender, so $0.02 and all that.

The-Kid likes this.
  18. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Totally understood man.

This isnt for everyone and well to those who dont see a reson for these that is totally to be respected.

Me if these RI Concepts with these features came out tommorow I wouldnt trade in my Princeton, I would just take another Princeton home and add it with the regular one and double dip

Maybe consider the Deluxe why not.....

19. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Sorry - wrong thread.

radiocaster likes this.
  20. gregulator450

gregulator450 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

All you need at this point is a good speaker/cab IR. Maybe Fender could include their Fuse software with an amp like this? Why not market it alongside the American Ultra guitars? They are basically this concept applied to the classic Fender guitars.

I am not a youngster anymore (turned 41 this year) but these ideas sound great to me. I want to be able to record direct without it sounding like turd, so this goes a long way to getting me there. If I could get the sound of a dimed Champ or Princeton with a good IR to simulate the speaker, that would get me close enough to make a nice-sounding recording without bothering my wife and kids. Live, I am a big fan of being able to run direct to front of house with a good guitar cab sound too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.