1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Concept Idea for new Reissue Amps.....Calling all TDPRI Members!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by The-Kid, Dec 31, 2019.

Reissue Plus. Reissues with modern Features

This poll will close on Nov 30, 2021 at 5:39 AM.
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Hello my Telecaster cousins, coming over from Strat-Talk with a proposal for yall!

Please dont move this to the amp section as its a petetion for members to hop on and approve, discuss or argue about wether its a good idea or not.

This isnt a bash on Reissues as I own a beautiful Princeton RI LTD 112. It isnt about displacing the Reissue line but extending the range to include Reissues with added features.

Respect to those who love your Reissues like me and Im not here to bash.....
    https://www.tdpri.com/threads/new-amp-day-fender-princeton-bordeaux-112.997193/

That being said please keep an open mind my new friends.

The Concept "The Reissue Plus Series", the idea, take the same Reissues we know and love in the 65 series such as The Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb and Princeton Reverb and add modern features to them such as an FX loop, DI for recording, Master Volume/Attenuator all assituated in the back of the panel to keep with asthetics.

These will obviosly cost more but there for those of us who are willing to pay for them or add to rig to accompany your current Reissue or to straight up trade up.

If enough of us come together we can make this concept a reality.

These are the only things I can think of that would add value to the amps and make them useful for modern players and the times but if anyone else has some other ideas feel free to chime in?

Its just a concept but Imagine the same Reissues we have now but with modern features. FX loop, DI for recording, Master Volume/Attenuator.

The idea is these would be its own line and the regular Reissues would still be available but a few would be transformed into Plus versions with the extra features for those of us who want them and are willing to pay up.

Have started a similar thread at Strat-Talk and will also open one up at TGP to garner more support.

https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/...g-all-strat-talk-members.529660/#post-3760899

If we get enough people we can eventually email this thread link to Fender in hopes that they may take it into consideration.

Thanks guys and lets get this going.

Join in, the worst that could happen is Fender doesnt make them even if enough of us agree its a good idea but after all no harm in trying right.

Lets not be afraid to fail and lets do this guys!!!!

Thanks for your time guys and Cheers. Well wishes and happy holidays.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    ping-ping-clicka likes this.
  2. lowatter

lowatter Tele-Meister

Doesn't the Hot Rod series cover these bases?

3. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

I suppose you could buy a mesa boogie for fender circuits with the bells and whistles.

Or one of the more modern fenders with MVs and Fx loops.

4. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Not really. A Hot Rod Deluxe is nowhere in the same league as any of the Reissues.

They sound great but just completly different. Me I wouldnt drop money on those just for the features. The amp has got to meet my tonal needs and for me the RI series is where its at.

Not talking down on the Reissues as I just bought a brand new Princeton but I would have gladly coughed up 400-500$ more for master volume/attenuator. The DI and Fx loop would just be extra but I would totally have use the DI for some recording too.

Would totally want a Twin Reverb done this way with the extra features or add another Princeton to my rig with these features.

We would still have the RI standard line but a few should be made with these features for those of us who want them.

5. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

They'd never think of that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Holic

Many gigs I need to be able to carry my amp and guitars several city blocks. It’s the funnest part!

these days there are many lightweight options that sound good enough for me,

If they could look lighten the load on some of the tube amps I’d be interested.

nojazzhere likes this.
  7. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Thats not ganna happen anytime soon but wheels a great option here.

A set cost less than 20-15 bucks and you can easily install them yourself.

I do this for my Vox AC15C1 as I share similar experience.

8. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

No that not the plan. Not at all what I was proposing.This is an abomination compared to what I was suggesting......It wouldnt just be for Princetons.

Still missing the mark.

The proposal here is this.

This would include all the 65 Reissues. Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb and Princeton Reverb but with the added updated Plus Features, not just a Princeton. Same aesthetic but with features in the back.

Use your imagination.

The exact same thing lookwise of a Princeton but with none of that ugly looking stuff in the front. Princeton with built in compresor and Od....not what I was suggesting.

This amp would look just like a Reissue but with the features in the back such as Master Volume/ Attenuater, Fx Loop and DI. They would perform exactly the same with the features and the master/attenuator wide open but with the features there if needed.

Would cost more money too. But if enough people have a desire for them and enough of us petetion for it Fender may have a look at it and take it into consideration.

[​IMG]

9. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

No its not the same man. Trust me those would not satisfy the player wanting one of these.

Those amps are fine but they would be nowhere close the same lauge as the RI Concept I am proposing.

The Regular RIs are already better than those IMO. And Ive owned Blues Deluxe and Hot Rods....so I know whats up.

The Resissue Plus Concept I am talking about would take it to the next level. Keeping the aesthetics we love but adding these three featuers in the back.

1. Master/Attenuator

2.Fx loop

3. DI for recording.

The amp should perform the exact same as a Reissue but with these features for modern times and players wanting more.

Fender hasnt done this or thought about it.

They are like 20 years late already IMO.

Many players dont even consider a RI becuase of lack of Features and just look elsewhere.

I love Fender and I just bought a fresh Princeton this week last Friday.

So not hating on RI.

There should just be some for us who want more features stock and from the factory.

gregulator450 likes this.
  10. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Holic

Yea, gimme the tonemaster

Chikubi and Fenderslinger like this.
  11. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Tried one and as good as those are....

I just coughed up an extra 300 bucks and got a Princeton for $1100 ltd 112. The Guitar Center one with a stock 112 over the 110. 1007$ after discount :)

Took back a SuperSonic I got used for it.

Would have gone Deluxe RI for the same 1100$. To me definately better than any of the Tonemaster stuff but just love the Princeton tone and the reverb is the lushest IME out of all three RI.

Even passed up a mint tweed Bassman Reissue fod 800$ because the Princeton was that good. Not based of weight or looks or other peoples impressions I got it because of tone. Damn the weight or whatever. Deal with it.

Again the tonemaster would not be for a player seeking these. Tonemaster would never satisfy in this regard I am afraid its just not the same my man.

12. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

As soon as those extra layers are added, those amps are not the same.

The whole reissue thing is about feeding on a player’s biases that older = better IMHO. I think there is a fickleness that would undermine the plan.

You have identified the weaknesses in old designs. Add a MV or anything non original to the signal path and guaranteed, people will call it a tone suck. A great sounding DI is not cheap and great tone is not guaranteed either.

You could get an IR loader today for recording with the tones of a stack of original holy grails . I am looking at the Strymon Iridium

13. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Why would you do that if your after the Fender sound? Mesa aint no Fender....what? Not even close.....

I mean I get the first Mesas were Fender clones yat yata yata but Mesa aint no Fender. Not now, not yesterday, not tommorow, not ever.

Thats exactly the reason these should be made.

As said not everyone, but a good amount of players pass up Reissues because of lack of features. This can help get a market for those players.

Some buy the RI and regret the fact they spent so much with an amp with so little features.

Some love them the way they are and dont regret a thing :)

And some like me love em the way they are.....but would totally jump on one with extra features mentioned or as in my case add it to the rig along the regular Reissue I currently have.

Dont really have a reason to have a second Princeton but if these are made you bet your ass Ima get another one because it would be what I love already but even better if thats possible hahhahah

Also there wouldnt be much R&D. Your just adding stuff to an already existing platform not reinventing the wheel

14. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

I see what you mean but I am confident they will get damn near 99.99999% there to the point where none of us could tell comparing a Regular Reissue with the Plus Concept....and then you have the ToneMaster guys who say they sound just like the real thing....depite being digital and having much the same features I mentioned.

And again use your imagination and believe Fender can make these. Its just a concept no harm in wishing it. If enough of us say its a good idea as said, they may take it under consideration...I mean your right we dont know but I trust if Fender tries and makes them dont be surprised that it sounds just like a Reissue with Added features cuz they are Fender after all.

And yes your ganna have those tone purist that will say MV this Master volume that. Wopty wopty doo....your ganna have those guys....Thats what the regular Reissue line is for.

This is for the players who want the same as the RI but with more features. The Reissue Plus concept is this at heart.

This aint for those old conservative guys who want everything to be the same it was yesterday. Your never ganna satisfy these guys....even a PCB board is sin because its not a turret board. Ribbon connectors etc etc. These guys call current Reissues blasphamey.

This is for the guys who want it. And know what they want. This is the concept that is being proposed.

15. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Sounds too $$$ for me. I'm out. Also noting that the sales potential for this may be too small for Fender to be very interested in the upfront costs. Have you considered commissioning a custom amp builder to build an amp as you've described?

16. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Holic

As far as dealing with weight, I’ve dealt with it for decades.
    We live in a world where you don’t have to deal with it anymore.

it’s unfortunate that it is impossible to make tube amps lighter. We put a man on the moon seems something could be done but I know nothing on the subject.

I’m willing to sacrifice tone to an unnoticeable level to the audience in exchange for practicality.

I completely understand those who don’t care about weight, I used to not.
    In a discussion about tube amps evolving the only thing that matters to ME is weight and volume. Ymmv

these old geezers (my age) dragging their amps up the stairs with all their might is hilarious though.

Apache Snow, NewKid and nojazzhere like this.
  17. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Wouldnt trust it if it wasnt Fender factory.

It would be the same platform with added features.

Just not interested in bowtiq stuff.

They already make useless crap like the Eric Clapton Champs and the Edge Princeton or whatever and sell those for 3k-4k and up and people gob that up like its being served on a silver platter.

How much more would a Reissue with added features cost? Its not exactly reinventing the wheel. The platform is already there. It just need stuff added to it.

And again I disagree money wise. Plenty of dudes spend big cash on amps anyways.

Definately wouldnt make or sell as many as the regular RI but they will be there for the players that want em.

18. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

There are things called wheels.....

Its 2019....

And yes then there are elevators....

Its going to be 2020.

And Fender needs to catch up and add more features as I would personally love to own one these if they ever escape basic concept.

Im in it for the long haul.

Be posting at TGP soon.

Seems to being doing well at Strat-Talk and there is also some support here. Not for everyome I understand but a belated idea for Fender to consider.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  19. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

But...it's regarding amps

20. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Holic

You can put wheels on an amp and take it in elevator, the future is now.

I predict lighter tube amps in the next few years, you heard it here first.

Geo and The-Kid like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.