1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Compressor with the most Squeeze??

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by studio1087, Mar 18, 2008.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

What compressor has the most obvious squeeze? If you wanted the squeeze to be an effect.....I mean really obvious squash, which one?

I have an Aphex Optical Compressor which is fairly transparent.
    I have a Marshall ED-1 on my board which is fairly useful for live use.
    I have a cheap DOD Milkbox sitting in the corner of the family room that I use at home when I don't drag out the whole pedalboard.

I'm recording some stuff where I want a crazy amount of squeeze.

If you hate squeeze...that's fine. I just need it for something that I'm working on. It almost needs to be a parody of compression.

Who makes the best squash monster?

Please comment.

Thanks,

John

2. Fourth Feline

Fourth Feline Tele-Holic

Try an ordinary ( un- modded ) Boss CS3 .

I eventually modded mine with an Indyguitarist kit to open up the range of control, but I think you would like a 'straight from the box' one if you 'crank' the knobs a bit.

I am not criticising the CS3, as when gigging I had a similar need and used one on my pedal board to give a definate 'squish' effect which would hold it's own in the midst of other pedals.

My 'menthol cigarette' compressor is a Barber Tonepress, but I would use the T.P. as a stand alone just to smooth things out a bit.

3. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

I think the Carl Martin has the best range of compression on the market. It is basically a studio version of a comp in a box.

4. guit30

guit30 Tele-Afflicted

I think that the Orange Squeezer clone that is made by Hartman has the most squeeze of any that I have tried. The Keeley that I'm reviewing has tons of squeeze. either one
    Jim

5. CIM

CIM Tele-Meister

If you want ludicrous squeeze you might want to try a second hand Boss CS-1 if you can find one on ebay or whatever. I could never tame mine and got rid of it for that very reason - everything through it sounds very compressed and processed.

6. mojoming

mojoming Tele-Meister

For a stompbox the internal trimpot on Orange Squeezer's can make for some major squeezer hence the name. I use a clone by Baja Tech Custom that does it for me.

7. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

+1 Insanity, even the CS-3 is transparent compared to this one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.