Completed my Ceruse finished Esquire partscaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by paulblackford, Jan 25, 2020.

1. paulblackford

paulblackford Tele-Meister

It turned out really nice. The finish was Speedball india ink, and amaco Gold Leaf rub n' buff. Tauro woodworks made the ash body. The only drawback of the guitar is that the body I could afford was very heavy, but most of the time I sit when playing. It's a Mighty Mite neck that I got in a parts swap with a friend. Somebody had tried to remove the neck's finish with power tools of some kind, and they managed to wreck the frets, and fretboard. I pulled the frets, re-radiused the board to 12" (there was plenty of wood left in the fretboard), and refretted with Fender Jumbos. The good old mallet installation. What a pain in the ass. This is the second neck I've refretted in my time of guitar building, and it turned out very nice. No issues, which is all I could have hoped for. Cavalier Nashville pickup, and I followed Rob DiStefano's Esquire wiring schematic. Quite happy with the results, although, I haven't had time to sit down and really dial it in with a nice setup, and intonation. I also need to get some better shots of it. Probably outside of the dimly lit horder's paradise I live in. These shots are just a stand on my work table, and as many lights as I could get on it. It looks much better in person. Esquire_post.jpg

2. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Holic

That really is gorgeous but.....the neck is backwards. :D

Treadplatedual and paulblackford like this.
  3. Daddy Dom

Daddy Dom TDPRI Member

Only in the second two pictures ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.