Completed custom build: The Partymaster

chillman

Tele-Afflicted
Thought I'd show off a guitar I just finished. Original design, but pretty conventionally in line with the FMIC style.

JGSwYBa.jpg

YGKy1C4.jpg

• Light basswood body with rose gold ghost pearl nitro finish
  • Super flamey maple neck with richlite fretboard and custom star and martini glass gold pearl & abalone inlays
  • Orange/gold pearloid pickguard and rear cavity plate
  • Mastery vibrato and bridge
  • Curtis Novak Jazzmaster pickups
  • Kluson locking tuners

chillman

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Really grateful for positive feedback on my color and design, since those are the parts I spend the most time and energy on.

Here's my color tester panel. The "rose gold" is half pink, half copper/bronze metallic dry pigment. Then on top is a gold interference or "ghost" pearl, so that in bright direct light you can see gold shimmer on the contours. The color change of the ghost pearl is exaggerated on this flat test piece. This was a fun experiment and it's cool to know that I could reproduce any of the 10 variations below if need be.

pzlrgRF.jpg

Painting is by far my favorite part of the build process and the only part I consider myself decent at yet. The guitar in this thread is only the 5th guitar body and only the 2nd neck I've ever built from scratch.