COMPLETED -- $100 Telecaster Challenge - Palletcaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Wheels

TDPRI Member
Well done sir! Moral of the story? Never judge a pallet by its load.

Love the basic black leather pickguard. Nice and clean look overall.

And the tone - nice and richly mellow.

Hate to see what you'd build for a few dollars more.....

Mike Simpson

Doctor of Teleocity
I need to fine tune the pickup heights and setup a little... I am not a real Luther... The action is surprisingly low, maybe too low still... this is my second guitar where I made everything and the 3rd neck I have made. I built a Partscaster before but I bought the body, neck and all the parts and did the finish. oh and I just realized I need to put the strap buttons on too...

Keith S

Tele-Meister
My favorite so far... I love all the guitars you intrepid home luthiers have made, but as a failed pallet woodworker, I've got to admire this one the most. This is the best contest EVER.

Maricopa

Friend of Leo's
Mike brought it over the other night and it's as cool in person as it looks in the pics. Sounds nice too and my daughter even liked it better than my Dano-Caster! :(

Pick his, Pick his! :D

Mike Simpson

Doctor of Teleocity
This has been fun, demanding and an exercise in time management. It was a little frustrating for me because I am a bit detail oriented. All in all it turned out pretty well. The cost limit forced us to make and improvise on a few things we would probably have all bought.

My vote goes to Scatterlee or Martyb1 or Guitarbuilder... I don't have any delusions of winning and will probably give this guitar to my son if he wants it. (the neck is kinda big)

I need to get back to work on the motorcycle project now... The 77 shovelhead motor is finally done (builder had it for months) and I need to finish that project.

As you can see... I have a copper problem...
img_1239a.jpg

img_1208a.jpg

jimdkc

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Nice! Love the look of the copper hardware and the black pickguard on that finish!

Sounds sweet, too!

Good luck!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.