Complaining about the world, then and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwaycat

Tele-Holic
Folks, back in my younger days, I use to complain about the world to the older generations.

I was young n stupid, no responsibilities, no job. Skateboard welding, marlboro light in my mouth, booze and smoke in my pocket, heavy metal devil music blasting in my ears, hell, I thought I had the whole world figured out.

I grew up chatting it up with the older generations, they taught me how to play the blues, I taught them how to play spanish guitar. And we would chat it up.
I was always complaining about the world, and the elders would always tell me everything was fine n dandy.

One of the elders came down with a sunburned face, looking like a lobster.

He said, “I got this sunburn in, at least a $7 million dollar house, it was a stunning estate. The neighbors are jealous, they say it’s the same beach on Malibu. It ain’t, it ain’t the same beach. The stock market is great. I just drank a rob roy at the Hamptons, played a little golf.”
Now I’m a grown ass man, and I no longer complain about the world anymore.

I’m finding it odd now, that now the older generations are starting to complain about the world.
Well let me tell y’all something, I think the world is just fine. The sun still rises, the birds still chirp, and my buddy just got back from malibu. He rolled down the window in his Tesla, blew a puff of smoke from his cigar, and said “Life, in the big city.”

The world is just fine. Remember?

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It's so much better when you look at the world through:

1642982098139.png

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I was young n stupid, no responsibilities, no job. Skateboard welding, marlboro light in my mouth, booze and smoke in my pocket, heavy metal devil music blasting in my ears, hell, I thought I had the whole world figured out.
That was exactly the moment in your life where there was the LEAST to complain about 😉

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
It is all perspective and nothing more. As the saying goes: It is only a island to the people in the boat.

The world is an imperfect place and will always be messed up. I am pretty sure we had caveman bitching about the cold weather, yet we are still here.

I think we complained when teens because we were rebellious and looked towards the future and our next 80 years of life. Middle-age, you start to accept some things are just the way that they are and you start to focus more on the immediate things around you that you can control...like family. Later years, you look back on your history more than looking forward to any future, you recognize all the crap that you lived through, and realize that things are no worse today.

Be an eagle, flap less and glide more.

wilson_smyth

Tele-Meister
The world is not perfect but it's getting better in many ways. People live longer, there is more availability and choice, there is more awareness and visibility of what needs fixing.
Change is slow but it happens and for the most part, people are inherently good.

In just 120 years we've gained the capacity of flight, visited the moon, computers and free sharing of information has become almost universal. Average Life expectancy in the US has increased by over 30 years in the past 100 years, from 58 in 1925 to 78 today, with similar increases in a huge number of countries .
Were like kids who just got given 100 dollars and want to spend it on candry rather than something sensible, but we're starting to see where we went wrong and what to fix. We will make more mistakes and we will fix them too.

It's never going to be perfect, but it's getting better.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I never had any reason for complain about the world when I was young..

oh, except that one time I wagged school and joined the anti nam demos in the city... my brother had just been drafted, I was too young to vote. The only thing I could do to stop my bro going over there was to be there at the demo and cop the cane for wagging school..

proudest moment of my life to take that caning for my bro....as I grinned into the headmasters face...

soon it was over and he was discharged early ..... sweet...

Doctor of Teleocity
It depends on what someone is expressing resentment or dissatisfaction about. If something is wrong, and someone paying attention brings it into awareness, I am not going to fault them. Context is important. To complain is not the same thing as grumbling, or mean spirited whining.

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
In some parts of the world there is considerable likelihood of getting dragged out of your bed in the middle of the night and tortured to death for reasons you may never know, so it seems like there's still work to be done. Then there are minor things, like humanity being replaced as dominant species by the corporation, or the world being rapidly reduced to unliveability by our own waste products, or species after species being rendered extinct; stuff like that that you can't fix by yourself, not much you can do about it but not make it worse yourself- and you're badly outnumbered- and complain.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Folks, back in my younger days, I use to complain about the world to the older generations.

I grew up chatting it up with the older generations, they taught me how to play the blues, I taught them how to play spanish guitar. And we would chat it up.
I was always complaining about the world, and the elders would always tell me everything was fine n dandy.

One of the elders came down with a sunburned face, looking like a lobster.

He said, “I got this sunburn in, at least a $7 million dollar house, it was a stunning estate. The neighbors are jealous, they say it’s the same beach on Malibu. It ain’t, it ain’t the same beach. The stock market is great. I just drank a rob roy at the Hamptons, played a little golf.”
Now I’m a grown ass man, and I no longer complain about the world anymore.

I’m finding it odd now, that now the older generations are starting to complain about the world.
Well let me tell y’all something, I think the world is just fine. The sun still rises, the birds still chirp, and my buddy just got back from malibu. He rolled down the window in his Tesla, blew a puff of smoke from his cigar, and said “Life, in the big city.”

The world is just fine. Remember?
See you in 34 Years.
Should be interesting.
-ST

Status
Not open for further replies.