1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

"Compensated" 3 Saddle Brass Bridge Problems..Intonation Possible?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by zanesaddiction, Dec 4, 2012.

1. zanesaddiction

zanesaddiction Tele-Meister

good call, ron! flipped the d, g saddle. got the d perfect but the g is a little flat. But something tells me is the g string losong it's life from loosening and tightening it repeatedly. Sure enough, flipping it around made the saddles stand flat and not lean back towardss the end of the guitar.

2. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

:p

3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Wait, was I right? :p

4. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire

Well slap my bottom and call me Sally. I never would've come to that conclusion :lol:

My apologies to waparker4 and ASC67

5. tklaavo

tklaavo Tele-Holic

I have two guitars with those saddles, and I feel they have too much compensation. I've shaped them individually with a file for better results, also did some grooves for the strings to keep them in place. In one guitar I've actually flipped two of the saddles upside down so that they're straight, because that worked better..

The Gotoh / Wilkinson bridge with saddles that can be tilted seems to be the hi-tech option, but quite pricey..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.