1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Come on people. This isnt Caddyshack.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by newrider1969, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

I think the condition is missing, which is, when inside a certain radius of the hole, you must continue till the ball drops? I recall "putting out" inside something like 36", a clubs length, or something like that? I think that's where the 10 seconds starts. Or maybe you have to offer to put out, before allowing the other a turn?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. Downshift

Downshift Tele-Afflicted

The worst rule in golf is the dress code.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

If you win a million bucks for coming in first. (usually more than that for first, just an example) The caddy would in most cases receive ten percent or a hundred thousand bucks. Unless of course you happen to be Matt Kuchar who stiffed a local caddy when his caddy wasn't available to him. After winning 1.3 million, he paid his local caddy who was a resident of Mexico the handsome sum of $5000. Tucan (the caddy) was a very experienced caddy at El Camaleon Mayacoba Golf Course. Tucan said he had an agreement with Kuchar that if he won, he would pay Tucan $130,000. After receiving MUCH flack for being a tightwad chiseler, he finally coughed up $50,000. Kuchar was a jerk about it, and should have gone ahead and paid it. I used to not be a real Kuchar fan but thought he was a decent golfer, now I don't care if he even makes the cut.

newrider1969 and Peegoo like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Your under no obligation to putt out unless the ball is hanging on the hole, and it doesn't drop in ten seconds. The three foot rule thing, is more of an amateur gentleman's agreement, supposedly the length of a putter. That's horse pucky, because lots of putts have been missed ten inches or less from the hole. That's why when a guy looks pleadingly at me for a gimme. I always say, I know without a doubt you could probably make that putt, but why don't you just go ahead and knock it in to be sure. They usually yank it out of the hole to the left. My son and I played a match with some guys one time, and won. He said you know I had such a good time I didn't care whether we won or lost. I said, I did, 'cause it makes a much better story when you win! My son is a much nicer guy than I am.

Stubee likes this.
  5. Toto'sDad

They made the game a whole lot easier when they changed the rule to allow you to mark, lift, clean, and place your ball. Before that a good golfer could manage to play his ball in such a manner that his opponent might have to chip over or around the ball. Made for some pretty exiting games, and more than one long running feud.

6. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dont need player with their pants around their ankles.

Stubee likes this.
  7. Downshift

Downshift Tele-Afflicted

I don't need a dress code to keep my blue jeans around my hips and my tshirt over my belt.

8. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Nothin' better than a bunch of people arguing and ranting about a small white orb falling into a fake gopher hole on a fake, but well irrigated, well fertilized faux park. Humanity revealed.

1 person likes this.
  9. Downshift

Downshift Tele-Afflicted

It beats war

10. Toto'sDad

Daddy, what is that awful noise? Nothing son, it's just that old man on the mountain who doesn't know what he's talking about, he's harmless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obsessed likes this.
  11. jrblue

jrblue Friend of Leo's

Golf makes each player responsible for knowing, following, and self-policing the rules. If you don't know the rules or try to rationalkize excuses for not following them, you're no longer playing golf, and you're certainly not a golfer, let alone an honorable person. It's golf, not advanced calculus or Supreme Court jurisprudence. I used to caddy, and the vast majority of people who had issues with rules were the jerks, cheaters, and egomaniacs, the majority of whom expect their caddy to cover their cheating, not explain the rules.

newrider1969, Stubee and Toto'sDad like this.
  12. Toto'sDad

Well said. If you want to cheat the game of golf is not for you. It's a sport like no other where the players police themselves. There are always a few who think they can sneak something in. Invariably though someone sees them, and they are called on it. A guy was caught cheating at one of the courses I play in a small money tournament. When they all got in the clubhouse a fight broke out between the cheater and the guy who called him out on it. The caller outer busted Mr. Cheater in the chops, and he fell to the floor. The pro hollered, hey take that outside! Mr. Caller Outer hollered to the snack bar attendant "open that door" she did, and the caller outer picked up the cheater and knocked him OUT through the door! When they got outside, the cheater really got a whacking. It's not good to get caught cheating when money is involved.

13. Obsessed

:lol::lol::lol: I knew this wouldn't be coming from you. I just could not resist the opportunity, but you knew that too.:lol:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

cow pasture pool.

Stubee and Obsessed like this.
  15. gtroates

gtroates Tele-Holic

Gravity didn’t take an entire minute off, that ball had fully stopped. Within the minute of waiting something like a gust of wind or shifting of weight on the green from walking near it or stomping in the crowd gave it enough vibration to let it fall in. I think the golfer was hoping people would forget the rule. Fans complaining doesn’t matter, if the PGA wants to be taken seriously as a sport it has to enforce its own rules knowing ignorance of fans to those rules will cause arguments in the press. Imagine a billiard player waiting for a minute for an eight ball to get in the pocket after it hits the side bumper and stops on the edge. Momentum doesn’t stop then restart on its own.

newrider1969, Stubee and Toto'sDad like this.
  16. Toto'sDad

I KNEW it was coming! :lol::lol::lol: But then again, so did you! :D:D:D:D

Obsessed likes this.
  17. Obsessed

It's kinda like waiting for a golf ball to drop.:p

Stubee and Toto'sDad like this.
  18. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Cinderella story...Cinderella boy...last hole at Augusta.

newrider1969 and Toto'sDad like this.
  19. 985plowboy

You wore green so you could hide.

20. 985plowboy

I have never played nor do I watch golf but I do love Caddyshack

gmann and Toto'sDad like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.