1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Come on Peavey, reissue them already...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Blazer, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

[​IMG]
    Me using my T-15 live.

And I've been on the look out to find other eighties T-series and models like the Horizon and the Patriot but they seemed to have vanished from the planet altogether.

Doug 54 likes this.
  2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Too bad you're not in the US. Still plenty of them around, often for far less $ than you see on Reverb.

Id like to see the S series of tele styles again...

3. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Afflicted

It's not uncommon to see used T-series {from the 80's} at G.C. or (as was noted) Reverb,

I have a 1987 USA Peavey Predator. It's quite sentimental to me. My wife surprised me with it soon after our wedding - after she learned I sold my Gibson SG to be a family man. She thought it looked nice. Heh

I never did like the pickups. I never played it much. A few years ago my son took it out of storage and we sanded it and applied Transtint for a new finish. I got a new pickguard and installed Dimarzio transition pickups. It's a real player now!
    predator-01.jpg predator-03.jpg

4. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Peavey has moved all instrument production out of the USA so I wouldn't look for any reissues of their classic models any time soon.

In fact I'm not sure they are producing anything in the USA any more - the last Classic 30 amp I looked at in the local GC was made in China. That was about 2 months ago, and this one had been in stock for a while.

5. loopy reed

loopy reed Friend of Leo's

I love those Super Ferrite pickups

czech-one-2 likes this.
  6. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Best Tele I ever had overall was the original 'reactor' line of u.s. made peavey.
    Twin blade pickups to die for.
    Less ice-picky than bardens'.
    Reissue THAT.

dannew02, emisilly and Doug 54 like this.
  7. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Here's pics of my Teaburst T-60 and my Modded black T-63.
    The black one is named Zombie killer. It weighs a ton and could take the head off someone if swung in anger. Theses are the best split coil humbuckers ever. Really great

Attached Files:

8. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Friend of Leo's

Man those Peavey's are a dime a dozen in pawnshops here in South Texas.

In fact, I know where there are at least 2-3 of the older 80's models right now, and they are selling them very cheap.

I've never been into Peavey guitars, but I know the older one's are quality guitars, and a lot of guys swear by them.

Good luck in your search.

9. jvin248

jvin248 Doctor of Teleocity

Around Detroit they go for a mint whenever they show up on CL. There's a youtube channel a couple of years back that said how good they play and sound and prices really jumped after that. Both from real demand and a lot of speculators. Someone listed a T-60 for $600 over the summer, looked nice but I haven't watched since that is outside my mad money range.

10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I see a business opportunity!

11. Grabsplatter

Grabsplatter Tele-Holic

I once almost bought a Peavey Foundation bass... It didn't look too good, and had been battered a fair bit, but the sounds you could get from it... Wish I'd bought it. It's funny, I was thinking about it only yesterday.

Foundation2.jpg

Wyzsard likes this.
  12. jvin248

jvin248 Doctor of Teleocity

I was thinking that too :) ... so had I checked the local CL for several South Texas cities and the T-60s and T-15s are offered there for the same price as local CL here. If the pawn shops in those areas are old school enough they could be lower priced but it doesn't look like an easy win game. Prowling the stores could be fun still and likely to give you GAS and you're buying something.

13. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

The T-15......the Mississippi Mustang. You know Blazer you have a brilliant opinion. As Peavey pushes more and more production off to China and I see less and less Peavey gear in stores locally it could be a big boost for Hartley to reissue some guitars that put him on the map. A T-60 and T-15 reissue series could get a lot of people buying and talking. There were T-15's on craigslist here and there in Milwaukee for about two years and I haven't seen one now in three years.

I think I paid about $200 USD each with chainsaw cases (4-5 years ago).

[​IMG]

Bring them back!

FenderGyrl and emisilly like this.
  14. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Friend of Leo's

Yea, but I will not a guitar I have to ship.

I actually had a guy fly in from Missouri last year to pick up a guitar of mine

he REALLY wanted.

That was fine by me.

15. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

The first, honest-to-goodness NEW guitar I ever bought was a 93/94 Reactor. I had saved up all my $ and meant to buy a "real" Fender, all I had up til then were cheap Strat clones (Hondos, those pointy headstock Epi's, and the like) I drove the couple hours to the nearest Fender dealer, tried a whole bunch of guitars and when I told the sales guy how much I had, he pointed me to the rack of Peaveys. "You want a well-built USA guitar, right? Your budget means you have to get a Squier or maybe a MIM, but for the same $ you can get one of these Mississipi built guitars, and a case. And we'll give you this practice amp (that I still have, 20 years later)
    [​IMG]
    (The one on the right, obviously)
    That one felt and sounded the best of them. It was all white, but I printed the design on the guard plate at school. I only reluctantly sold it because I got laid off and needed $, and haven't seen another one like it since.
    Those ones I'd like to see again.

16. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Just looked at the Peavey site and the only Peaveys that reminded me of the old ones were their Millennium series basses.

[​IMG]

Their Raptor series reminds me more of a vintage Ibanez Roadstar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See what I mean?

If I were head of development at Peavey I'd go:
    - Redesign the Raptor so it carries a pickguard that looks more like that of a T-15's
    - Offer a modern take on the T-60 with streamlined electronics and less weighty bodies
    - Bring back the metal knobs with the "P" engraved
    - Offer a form fitting case with the guitar.

I mean come on, Peavey invented the guitars made with CNC machines and plastic molding has only gotten cheaper.

To quote Jeremy Clarkson...
    [​IMG]

Zaxxon likes this.
  17. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

Foundations with the super ferrite pickups rock !

No upgrades needed.

Love mine.

Attached Files:

Blazer likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.