Colorado Mile High Tele Club.

Discussion in 'US Member Clubs' started by gitold, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Hey Jakedog! If things settle down for you, I'd love to have you on board. Otherwise, we need to get the families together for some food and music this summer. My SIL is going through some medical mysteries, so I'm waiting to see how things go for her before we plan much.

Jakedog likes this.
  2. Paul in Colorado

A quick shout out. The Colorado Green Band will be playing for "Earth Day at Eco-Thrift," Saturday April 23 from 12:30 to 1:30 PM. It's also FoCOMX in Fort Collins this weekend and Earth Day at Civic Center Park, two blocks from our gig. Eco-Thrift is at the corner of Howes and Mason Streets here in Fort Collins. It's our first gig with our new steel guitar player.

3. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

As a note: I signed up for Rock Camp at Guitars Etc in Longmont. I'll spend the next week playing and singing with 3 guys I don't know and next Saturday (the 21st) at 6pm, we'll be on stage. You're welcome to attend. It's downstairs in the stage area.

Carl

4. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

Whipped up some video of Rock Camp.

It was fun for us :D

Carl

5. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Colorado Craft Brew Fest - Lowry Beer Garden, June 11.

The Royal Aces will be playing rocking surf at the excellent annual Colorado Craft Brew Fest at Lowry Beer Garden, June 11, from 11 am to 2 pm.

$25 admission, but that gets you unlimited tasting from all of the six participating Colorado brewing companies, plus smoked barbecue...even a souvenir mug! And, the Beer Garden will be open for regular business for those who do not want to participate in the Brew Fest. lowry beer garden craft brew fest.jpg

6. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Next up for the Royal Aces surf band - Denver's classic Skylark Lounge, 140 S. Broadway, Saturday June 18, 9pm. I'm still so happy with the Quilter (shown here last Saturday) that it will be my amp again at the Skylark.
    lowry2016b.jpg

7. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Keeping the Summer of Surf going...your friendly local Royal Aces will be at Hopper's Sports Bar, Kipling and I-70, Friday June 24, 8 pm. They have a great outdoor bar and huge sand volleyball beach, where there is action all night. No cover!
    hoppers.jpg

8. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Surf and gourmet burgers - a fine combination! If you happen to be out around town this Saturday, July 2, the Royal Aces will be at the RiNo Park Burger, 26th and Walnut, from 8 to 11 pm, on their very nice patio.
    parkburgerx.jpg

9. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

The Royal Aces "Dancin' and Prancin' Surf Tour" returns to Hopper's in Wheat Ridge, Friday July 8, 8 pm, at the northwest corner of I-70 and Kipling...
    parkburger2016.JPG

10. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

A surf/tiki party, with the Royal Aces...for the anniversary of the very cool Green Russell bar at 1422 Larimer Street. Saturday, July 23, 8 pm to midnight, and fully open to the public.
    green russell.jpg

11. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

A Royal Aces surf doubleheader, at two very cool locations:

*Friday, Aug. 5 - Hopper's Sports Bar, 10051 N. I-70 Service Road (I-70 and Kipling). They have a huge sand beach and outdoor patio bar. 8 pm to midnight.
    *Saturday, Aug. 6 - The great Golden Super Cruise Car Show, on the big King Sooper Parking Lot on South Golden Road. 4:30 to 7:30 pm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Planning ahead for the Royal Aces surf band, Sept 3 at Gary Lee's Motor Club...

Colorado folks: As some of you know, the much-respected Gary Lee Bomar, owner of Gary Lee's Motor Club, tragically died last year. His staff has kept the club going, and we feel very fortunate to be playing there again on Sept. 3, at 10 pm. They're special people, and we would love to give them a nice turnout, so, I hope you'll stop by for a few tunes if you can (you certainly don't have to stay for the whole night). The club is at 176 S. Broadway.
    Thanks!

13. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

More Burgers and Surf!
    The Royal Aces surf band returns to the patio of the very cool Park Burger at 26th and Walnut in Denver, Friday, Sept. 9, 8 pm.
    parkburgerx.jpg

14. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Royal Aces Triple Play Weekend:
    I'm not sure what we were thinking when we booked all of these gigs, but we'll need naps and vitamins...

*Sept. 16 - Hopper's Sports Bar, I-70 and Kipling. 8 pm to midnight.
    *Sept. 17 - Gary Lee Days, at Gary Lee's Motor Club, 176 S. Broadway. A two-day celebration in memory of the late Gary Lee Bomar. We play from 2 to 4 pm on the 17th. Other great bands include Kerry Pastine and the Crime Scene, and the Nuns of Brixton.
    *Sept. 17 - After playing in the afternoon at Gary Lee's, we then play that night for a surf-themed party at Green Russell bar, 1422 Larimer, from 8 pm to midnight.
    daggwoods2.jpg

15. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

October 1: The final Golden Super Cruise Car Show of 2016, with the Royal Aces surf band. From 3 to 6 pm on the big King Sooper's parking lot, South Golden Road.
    supercruise2016.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  16. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Surf Night at Denver's Historic Berkeley Inn, with the Royal Aces:
    From the very nice hours of 6 to 10 pm - 38th and Tennyson.
    berkapril2016.jpg

17. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Denver Beer Company's "Zwickel Fest"! Sat., Oct. 15. With a pig roast, great brews, and live music. 17th and Platte in Denver.

The event starts at 11 am, then the Royal Aces will play from 5 to 8 pm, after two other fine bands.

A shot from the last time we played for a Denver Beer Co. event...they know how to put on a memorable party:
    denver beer co.jpg

18. Paul in Colorado

What's new, guys?

19. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

I'll be retiring to Greeley next spring so we'll have to get together and play some music Paul. Maybe one last Denver jam too before I move for the Denver dudes.

Paul in Colorado likes this.
  20. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

been there, love it.

my cousin and i went on a beer tour a couple years ago.

i have to say we got a little out of hand with all the good beers.

opened up a whole new world to me.

we rounded up that tour with a concert at Red Rocks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.