Colorado Mile High Tele Club.

Discussion in 'US Member Clubs' started by gitold, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

If anyone is up Loveland way Sunday morning, The Colorado Green Band is playing the Loveland Farmer's Market from 9-noon this Sunday, August 9th. 700 S. Railroad Ave. Loveland, CO.

2. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

Jeanne (my girlfriend) and I will be at the Student Showcase at Guitars Etc in Longmont at 5pm. I'll be playing with some singing and she'll be singing. First for her and me. We're excited and anxious :)

The 15th of August :)

Carl

3. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Hey guys. Taking a break (indefinite, at the moment) from touring all the time. Gonna be around town here in Denver for the foreseeable future.

Found what seem like a couple of real nice guys to play with on CL. We need a bass player. Rootsy stuff. Old country, country Rock, alt country, rootsy Rock, some bluesy stuff. Mostly covers right now, but some original stuff too. More down the line maybe.

Rehearsing twice a week to get sets together, then once a week and gigging local. Mostly just for fun, but still quality.

If you're interested, shoot me a message.

4. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Message sent. I'd be glad to have some bass work to do with you guys.

5. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Royal Aces back in action, Sept. 4, Hoppers Sports Bar, Wheat Ridge..with a Quilter!

After a nice break in the month of August, the Royal Aces will bring the twang and reverb to Hopper's Sports Bar in Wheat Ridge, 10051 N. I-70 Service Road (basically I-70 and Kipling, on the north side of I-70) - Friday, Sept. 4, 8 pm, no cover charge.

If you have wanted to hear a Quilter in action, I'll be playing through one (a Micro Pro 200, through a Weber California 15").

Attached Files:

Snook likes this.
  6. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

The Quilter is pretty amazing

For those Colorado folks who are wondering about Quilters, I'm happy to report that, for the second time at an outdoor gig, the Quilter Mach 2 Micro Pro head performed flawlessly last Friday night (through a Weber California 15" speaker). Big, bold, Showman style tone and punch, with excellent low-end thump when palm muting. The amp even has a "Surf" setting, so I just stay on that.

We're pretty loud, but there was still plenty of room left on the volume knob, and the reverb was full and deep. I've had Fender amps since the 60s, and I'm not selling my Fenders, but the light weight and great sound of this Quilter makes it my amp for all of our future gigs.
    [​IMG]

7. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats on finding something that works .As I get older I sure hate lugging gear around.

8. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Another outdoor gig with the Quilter...and fine brews!

The twang and reverb you need....the great brews you crave:
    The Royal Aces at the Denver Beer Company's "Collaboration Celebration", Friday, Sept. 25. This block party event will be celebrating the release of five new brews, and the Great American Beer Festival. 17th and Platte - we will play from 5 to 7 pm.

http://denverbeerco.com/event/collaboration-celebration/

Attached Files:

9. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

More twang, reverb, and Quilter tones...Royal Aces at Roadhouse Grill

Friday, Oct. 2 - Roadhouse Grill, 2035 S. Sheridan, from 8 pm to midnight. No cover charge, but lots of surf.

Attached Files:

10. Paul in Colorado

Hey, Fender Fan,
    I did sound this past weekend for the Hawaiian Steel Guitar Association convention here in Fort Collins. My friend Chris, who provided the backline had two Quilters there, a Steelaire and a smaller amp. They sounded great! There was also a reissue Twin that was distorting on low notes, but it got used because it was what people were used to. But those who tried the Quilter were rewarded with a full rich tone that rivaled about anything I've heard for steel guitar. I'm not surprised that a Quilter is working for you playing surf music.

11. Jakedog

Hey guys! Quick question:

Who are the go-to amp and guitar techs in the Denver area? Doesn't even have to be right in town. I don't mind driving a little to get the best.

I have a dead Boogie and a couple guitars that are gonna need work soon.

Thanks!

12. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Edward Dick is one of the best luthiers in town and though his business is primarily in acoustics he can work on anything that comes through the door. He also has a consignment shop where he sells customers guitars for a 10% commission.

http://www.edwarddickinstrumentrepair.com/

http://www.victorguitar.com/consignment/

For amps I've always used Noel Stubblefield but it looks like he's moved into just doing repair and restoration of vintage stuff and building his own custom amps. You can give him a call though and if he can't do the work on the Boogie he can turn you on to a good tech who can.

http://www.stubbyfex.com/stubbyfex/home.html

13. Jakedog

Thank you! Mucho appreciated.

14. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Hello, Paul - hope all is well with you.
    Yes, the Quilter continues to amaze me, and it's the only amp I take to all gigs now. Through the 15" Weber California speaker it's a beautiful thing for surf.

15. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Surf in North Denver - Royal Aces,Oct. 17

Our first time bringing the reverb to Denver's longtime classic Italian restaurant, Patsy's Inn, 36th and Navajo...Oct 17, 8 to 11 pm.

Attached Files:

16. Jakedog

Yo peeps- this Saturday the 17th.

I'll be playing guitar and doing some singing with a band called The Thread Barons. Bushwhacker Saloon on Broadway.

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1444772077.278317.jpg

Come and introduce yourselves. I need it get to know more locals.

17. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Jake - if the Royal Aces weren't playing that night at Patsy's Inn, we'd be there.

18. Jakedog

Another day, sir! Sorry I haven't made it out to see you guys yet. Been meaning to.

I'm going to the Ziggies jam Sunday night. If anybody wants to meet up for a beer.

19. Paul in Colorado

I've had both Lord Valve/Fat Willie (Downtown on Broadway) and Bruce Collins work on my amps. Bruce runs Mission Amps in Thornton (I believe that's where he is now. He used to be in Arvada). Bruce did the mods and restoration on my Bandmaster Reverb.

I have a guy in town named Victor Glaze who does my guitar work or I go to Woodsong's Luthiery in Boulder if I need work Victor can't do. There's a guy in North Denver who I had finish a Tele neck on my parts guitar. His name is Dan Lenz and his store is Axe Haven. I found him online. He did a great job on that neck.

That's what I know.

Oh, and check out the Royal Aces when you can. They'll put a big smile on your face and make you want to dance.

20. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Thank you, Paul!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.