Colorado Mile High Tele Club.

Discussion in 'US Member Clubs' started by gitold, Feb 28, 2013.

1. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Glad you and Kyle could make it out Don. It is a great place I just hope they can establish themselves as an entertainment venue. That part is a little new for them.

As I posted we may actually switch next weeks date to July 6th to accommodate their second anniversary party. More on that by tomorrow. I'll post whatever changes we make here.

Sorry I didn't have more time to visit with you all. The Bob isn't late night place so when you're trying to cram it all into a couple of hours and finish by 9:30 so they can close an hour or so later it gets a little hectic.

2. soulman969

UPDATED INFO ON THE BoB BOOKING;

Gary and I were asked to do a gig on the evening of Monday, July 6th as part of the BoB's second year birthday celebration so we will not be appearing this Wednesday June 24h after all but have instead moved that date to July 6th in it's place.

Their Tuesday open mic goes on as usual but we will not be there this Wednesday June 24th or next Wednesday July 1st. We will be playing the evening of Monday July 6th instead so come on out and help us celebrate the BoB's second birthday.

Great craft brews which are brewed on the premises and and evening of some cool laid back tunes to wash them down with. It's an early evening affair beginning around 7:00PM so stop in and join us please. The more the merrier, or rowdier your choice.
    ;)

3. dleuen

dleuen Tele-Meister

I'll plan on the 6th in that case. Maybe Greg can make it then too. Would love to see a few other folks out there too. It is a nice place, easy parking, good beer and of course great music. What more could you want?

4. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

A weekend afternoon, a beer garden, a surf band...

The Royal Aces at Lowry Beer Garden, Sunday, June 28, from 2 to 5:30 pm!
    7577 E. Academy Blvd, in the Lowry district.

Attached Files:

5. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

Where and what is this joint? I'm back in town til mid- july.

6. Honga Man

Honga Man Tele-Afflicted

7. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

The Royal Aces returning to Hopper's Sports Bar..July 10

With Hopper's huge sand beach, where the volleyball action will be happening, it'll be a fine summer night with surf outdoors from the Royal Aces.
    *Friday, July 10
    *10051 N. I-70 Service Road
    *8 pm til midnight.

Attached Files:

8. soulman969

With regrets guys I have to announce that Gary and I canceled our gig at the BoB tomorrow night due to a scheduling conflict. We were originally scheduled to play from 6-8:30 or 9:00 PM but they wanted us to move our start back to 8 or 8:30 PM 'til close to accommodate another act and we weren't willing to do that when we had been booked first.

We had friends and family coming out and other players joining us in the earlier time slot as well as other logistics problems that were being created by whoever was playing before us. I got no cooperation on this or even any communications from them at all. It was all very unprofessional and we weren't willing to have our performance compromised by it or them.

Sorry for the late notice but I'm out of town now and have been since last Thursday. I wasn't able to contact the person who booked us until this afternoon. We decided that we just couldn't make this work to everyone's benefit so we withdrew and will reschedule at a later date. My apologies. It was unavoidable but I'll keep you all posted about upcoming dates.

9. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

That Sucks on there part. Hope it works out better next time. Hang in there Bro.

10. dleuen

dleuen Tele-Meister

Yeah that's too bad Soulman. I hope the folks at the BoB are just going through some learning pain because I really did like the place. Keep us posted on how things progress.

11. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Colorado Green Band, Still Cellars Longmont,CO Friday July 24th

Just wanted to get the word out that my groovy little combo, The Colorado Green Band will be playing at The Still Cellars, 1115 Colorado Ave Suite C in Longmont on the 24th of July. We are an acoustic/electric trio playing country-blues/folk rock with psychedelic overtones. It's been called Jam'ericana Music and some folks have said we're "smooth."

I hope to see a few familiar folks!

12. Greg.Coal

Greg.Coal Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Hey, Paul, what time will you start?

Weren't you in a larger, neo-Celtic thingy not long ago?

13. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Surf and barbecue - Royal Aces at Berkeley Inn, July 18, 2 pm

The Royal Aces will be loading up the '49 Woody and heading to the Berkeley Inn, 38th and Tennyson, for a surf and barbecue party, Saturday, July 18, from 2 to 6 pm.
    [​IMG]

14. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

A car show and a surf band - Royal Aces in Monument, CO, July 26

Our fourth year in a row at the excellent Rosie's Diner Car Show in Monument, CO, Sunday July 26 from 9 am to 1 pm.
    [​IMG]

15. soulman969

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond guys. Too many other distractions.

It is what it is. Basically that whole thing might have been resolved differently if I had heard back from this other act soon after I called them. That was more than a week before the gig but no one bothered to even returned my call. To me that's unacceptable and unprofessional since it came about long after we were booked.

Whoever was given a brief time slot before us which then had to be moved back because they couldn't start earlier which then moved us back. The problem grew from there based on an assumption that we wouldn't need to time to set up and sound check our own gear and could just use their PA instead of our own. That proved unworkable for us so we just canceled the gig.

We're trying to work out something on a regular basis with The BoB that remains consistent week to week so we won't have this kind of an issue again. We're also looking into other venues for the same. I'll keep you all posted when I have more news to share.

16. Paul in Colorado

Starting around 7:00 PM. Hope to see you there.

Yes, I was in a larger band, but we're on hold as everyone figures out their level of commitment and our musical direction. I think it's going to be more acoustic. We're all good friends, but it seems everyone has busy lives.

17. Greg.Coal

Greg.Coal Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Anybody want to go up to see Paul in Longmont tonight? I can drive from Denver .... if somebody wants to drink.

I'd rather not go alone. Let me know!

Greg

18. Paul in Colorado

I just found out that it's a 6:30 start time rather then 7:00. We're still going to play two sets. Hope to see some of you guys there!

19. Paul in Colorado

The gig went well. Not much of a crowd but they tipped real well. There was a lot of other events going on. We'll be back in the fall when festival season is over.

20. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Royal Aces surf band taking a little rest in August

Re-energizing before a big September gig schedule, which will get posted here. Hope to see some TDPRI folks at one of them!

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.