Colorado Fire

jman72

Friend of Leo's
Wishing the best for everyone out there- one of my best friends from college lives in Broomfield. 110 mph winds and fire make a scary combination. I used to live in Laramie WY, and one summer the whole front range was on fire- the sky was red and hazy for weeks. Never thought it would happen this time of year, though.

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Shocked and unimaginable that this kind of fire could occur in Colorado in December. The footage reminds me of the Santa Rosa fire a few years ago, but that was in the summer in extreme heat. I hope everyone got safely out of the way.

Unusual unseasonable destructive forces are now in play.

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
It was a big surprise to me to hear about the fires in that area, this time of year. What a horrible situation.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
So sorry the folks there in Colorado are facing such a calamity. It does seem strange that this kind of fire would be going on this time of year up there. It will take years to sort that all out. Again, my sincerest sympathies for all involved.

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
I live about 20 miles north of the fires. Simply devastating. Watching a news conference right now and so far no loss of life reported. Upward of 1000 homes destroyed though.

I went to the fairgrounds yesterday to see if I could help with the large animal evacuation. I would estimate at that time there were about 300 horses there and trailers were still rolling in. I saw report today that they are full and directing them to a fairgrounds in the next county.

Starting to snow for the first time this season so hopefully that will help.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
What a tragic cap to this holiday season. As if we haven't had enough bad news the past few year. The wind driven nature of this fire reminds me of the destruction in the Oakland Hills Fire in 1991.

That snow can't come soon enough. As bad as it is losing everything one owns, its even worse to lose one's life, so I hope everyone stays safe and evacuates. No need to make this any worse than it already is.

keithb7

Poster Extraordinaire
Horrific. Very sad to witness this fire in Boulder Co.

I've seen and personally experienced several extreme weather related events in 2021.
Extreme heat, shattering records. Massive lightening storms followed by countless wildfires. Then mudslides and massive widespread flooding. Entire towns burned, others flooded. Rivers breaking levees. Multiple hi-ways washed away. Supply chains broken. Now this winter we are seeing cold temperature records broken. Concerned about what will come in 2022.