colleration between Kohm and Henry, does it indicated something?

hopdybob

Friend of Leo's
hello All.

because so often it is said that Kohm reading does not say a lot en Henry value says more i bought a LCR meter.

its cheap, and only the the testing leads were c...p and gave nervous readings.

because i have a Bill Lawrence L90 XL and on that pickups is a sticker with says 8H i could check if things work and got 7.48H

so what i did was with pickups i have but never used to measure Kohm and Henry.

Bill Lawrence L90 ohm: 14.48Kohm Henry 7.48 writing on pickup 8H
Bill Lawrence old curved blade L500 ohm: 7.85Kohm Henry 4.81 so probably a l500R
chrome SD copy mini humbucker ohm: 6,87Kohm Henry 4.18
uncoverd SD little humbucker ohm: 7.75Kohm Henry 2.03

GFS tele bridge ohm: 7.22Kohm Henry 1.59
propably GSF tele neck ohm: 5.89Kohm Henry 2.08

i know what the Lawrence sound
but about the others, does it say something about the tone you would get, bright ore dark etc?

Novatuc

Tele-Meister
I will offer my very limited knowledge. The resistance - Kohm of a pickup is good for comparing pickups that are made of similar materials ie: magnet type, wire size etc. A higher Kohm reading should mean a hotter pickup but doesn't always. The inductance - H reading is the potential power of a pickup. It is good for comparing the potential output of similar types of pickups such as comparing two humbucker pickups or two single coil pickups. It does not work for comparing the potential powers of unmatched pickups such as a humbucker and a single coil.

Many pickup manufacturers have good information available on their websites to better explain pickup construction and measurements.

hopdybob

Friend of Leo's
I will offer my very limited knowledge. The resistance - Kohm of a pickup is good for comparing pickups that are made of similar materials ie: magnet type, wire size etc. A higher Kohm reading should mean a hotter pickup but doesn't always. The inductance - H reading is the potential power of a pickup. It is good for comparing the potential output of similar types of pickups such as comparing two humbucker pickups or two single coil pickups. It does not work for comparing the potential powers of unmatched pickups such as a humbucker and a single coil.

Many pickup manufacturers have good information available on their websites to better explain pickup construction and measurements.
thank you for your input.
so much discussions run on Kohm readings , a lot say Henry says more about the pickup also about bright ore dark.

so i wonder t if there would be a some kind of chemistry that could tell a bit more if you would have Kohm/Henry value ore eventually the magnet type.