College football

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
Bammer and ClemPson lost tonight.

10RC fans’ spirits have been lifted after a soul crushing loss because they believe they now have a path to the playoffs.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Bammer and ClemPson lost tonight.

10RC fans’ spirits have been lifted after a soul crushing loss because they believe they now have a path to the playoffs.

If they win out, they probably get in. Unless LSU wins out to include beating UGA in the SEC Championship Game, which I don't see happening.

Right now I'd say Georgia is a virtual lock (even if they lose the SECCG); winner of Mich/Ohio State very likely in; beyond that, it can get pretty unpredictable. If TCU wins out, they may be in, same for Oregon despite the woodshedding they took from the Dawgs first game of the season. They're clearly a much better team now. I think Clamzin is done no matter what. Bama might have a 1% chance if they win out, beat UGA in SECCG, and Tenn, Oregon and TCU stub their toe somewhere down the line. Also if winner of Mich/Ohio St loses Big10 championship game (unlikely, but never know) that could open up some unforeseen paths in.

Still a lot of possibilities. But it looks like--right now at least--it's Georgia and everyone else. In addition to their generally consistent dominance, they have the two most impressive wins of the season on their resume at this point--despite the fact they had trouble solving Mizzou and Kent State! (?!) Crazy season so far.

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
So. Cal. and Colorado play tonight in at 9:30 E.S.T. CU is not that good but I have not seen USC play under Lincoln Riley so it might be worth watching for a little while.

LSU plays at Arkansas tomorrow, I would not be surprised to see LSU lose that game in U. Ark. is healthy and back together. Not because Ark is that good, I just have doubts about LSU playing well after beating Bammer and getting all they hype. We shall see.

Bammer and Ole Miss play in the 3:30 slot which should be an entertaining game. It is in Oxford, MS and UA has had trouble with Ole Miss in recent years. Will another former Saban assistant beat him? Will Bammer lose two SEC games in a row? Probably not, but it will interest a lot of people to watch it and find out.

Georgia plays at Miss. State in the evening and I hope the staff has them focused and beyond all the "rat poison" that has come at them this week after beating UT.

TCU is playing at Texas in another evening game and it will have me flipping over to check on it now and then. Will the Teasips knock off the unrated upstarts at little ole TCU? I have not seen TCU play a complete game and don't know how good the team really is, but Texas is only mediocre this year.

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire

burntfrijoles

Doctor of Teleocity
LSU plays at Arkansas tomorrow, I would not be surprised to see LSU lose that game in U. Ark. is healthy and back together. Not because Ark is that good, I just have doubts about LSU playing well after beating Bammer and getting all they hype. We shall see.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we get upset. If so, it won’t because of the “hype” (rat poison) or the Hogs being healthy. It will be because we turn the ball over or Hogs play well. My Tigers are ahead of schedule for a team that ended last year with 39 scholarship players. Kelly has done well.

BTW, thanks for the beat down of the Vols and ending all the talk of them being 2019 LSU. That was laughable. That team was an offensive juggernaut.

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
LSU handled Arkansas, which fell apart with the loss of its starting QB.

Georgia beat MSU but let them have an easy TD on a punt return just before halftime.

Georgia is on the road again this week against Kentucky, which was embarrassed last week by Vandy at home. I would prefer that UK won that game but here we are and UK might be a tough opponent this week. I hope Georgia is focused enough in the relative cold weather to get it done and hang on for an undefeated season. This is an off bit of SEC trivia: no team has won two consistent conference games on the road in over 2 years.

UT was mad last week and pounded poor Mizzourah, and even ran the score up on them. I would rejoice if S. Carolina found a way to be the Vols this week but don't know that it can due to a lack of horsepower and depth. We shall see.

Saturday does not present any big marquis games, but there are some decent rivalry games between USC and UCLA, OU v. OK State, and one recent one between Utah and Oregon.

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
It appears that the SEC is going to make a substantial change when UT and OU join by eliminating the 2 divisions and becoming monolithic or non-divisional. The thought behind it is to improve the post-season opportunities for good teams that did not win their division but may be better than the team that won the other division and better than other teams that won their conference. The change will create new drama and complaints anyway.

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
Well, I would have guessed that OSU was going to beat Michigan but MUM beat them the second year in a row.

It appears that the probable slate of CFP teams are Georgia, Michigan, TCU, and USC.

Little old S. Carolina knocked off two CFP dreamers in two consecutive weeks. UT really laid and egg there and Clempson resumed Clempsoning.

Oregon choked in the stretch and OSU did as well.

LSU dropped another game to an inconsistent TAMU. Jimbo F. has had a bad season and is not earning his pay.

Fortunately, Georgia has hung on despite lackluster play through multiple quarters. I hope the staff has the team ready to play against LSU this week.

None of the conference championship games seem to be great matchups at first glance, maybe they will be more entertaining than they look.

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
Auburn officially introduced Hugh Freeze as its head coach.

AU never worries about setting the bar too low. Just win, baby! 😆😆

I wonder if they will give him a private brothel so he does not get busted shopping for talent while using a school phone?

Or just provide a wide array of untraceable burners pre-paid with cash?

The NIL change has made a lot of the other stuff that got him in trouble legal, so what new compliance challenges will he present?

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
Wisconsin hired Luke Fickell from Cincinnati and Nebraska hired Matt Ruhle whom did a pretty good job for Baylor. Both look like good hires for those schools.

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Well, at least we made the "New Year's Six"... Even if LSU dredges up a miracle, TCU falls on its face and USC gets lost at the airport, Nick will need to keep any additional Nat'l Champ trophy space dusted for another year.

We simply couldn't get it together this year. Losing a hundred yards (or more) per game in penalties (setting penalty records for the Saban era) didn't help.

Hugh Freeze? I'd have kept Cadillac Williams at least for a full season. The guy's got energy!

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Hugh Freeze? I'd have kept Cadillac Williams at least for a full season. The guy's got energy!

I personally wanted to see Deion Sanders as the head coach, and keep the Cadillac on staff as well (OC?)!

Hopefully, CU will get Coach Prime, they're my second favorite team.

Actually, they're pretty much my favorite... Auburn disgusts me at every turn. Not at all excited about Hugh Freeze getting the job.

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
USC and Utah are playing in the PAC championship game on Friday night, which is good in that it spreads the games out a little bit.

I can only sit and watch about 2 games in one day, that is 7 hours and I start getting restless even in that timeframe.

TCU and Ks. State play the early game at noon EST on Saturday, Georgia-LSU is at 4 PM EST, and the ACC game that few care about is at night.