College football

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
You never know with the Red River Shootout/Showdown/Rivalry.
With Ewers arm this could be exciting squared. Not sure about the ou quarterback situation. That’s a huge unknown tomorrow. Oklahoma’s defence hasn’t been the best. Hopefully the Longhorn offense will show up in full force

I still wish I was at the Texas State Fair with a Fletchers, a cold beer, and good seats. But in front of my tv with a Dark & Diet will have to do 🤘
Well Longhorns done showed up in the first half!

'64 Tele

Tele-Afflicted
KU vs TCU was a great game.
Couple of calls late in game....it might have gone differently.
But, this game is a great example of why college football beats pro any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
KU vs TCU was a great game.
Couple of calls late in game....it might have gone differently.
But, this game is a great example of why college football beats pro any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
I wish I had recorded that game. Maybe I can find some highlights

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
I thought BYU had a chance against ND. But alas it isn’t so
TAMU is holding strong against Bama at the end of the 3rd

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Alabama tried to set all the wrong records this evening...but ended up winning in spite of themselves. If we play like that against Tennessee...we're toast.

Niece and I have a bet on where we'll rank. I say #3, she sez #6...and she's the die hard, rabid Bama fan...

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Someone offered me tickets and aparking pass to Navy today. I declined.

If someone offered my travel and tickets to the super bowl, I'd probably take it, go to whatever city it was in, and sell the tickets. I really just don't care for live sporting events anymore. It's just a hassle to me with the crowds, parking, stupid food and beverage prices, etc. I like watching from the comfort of my home or at a local sports bar.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Alabama tried to set all the wrong records this evening...but ended up winning in spite of themselves. If we play like that against Tennessee...we're toast.

Niece and I have a bet on where we'll rank. I say #3, she sez #6...and she's the die hard, rabid Bama fan...

Not a big Tennessee fan, but I'll be pulling for them next Saturday. Bama doesn't have a prayer without Bryce Young, and not sure if they'll win with him either.

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's

Hah! I win. This weeks rankings: GA #1, OSU #2, AL#3.

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
Not a big Tennessee fan, but I'll be pulling for them next Saturday. Bama doesn't have a prayer without Bryce Young, and not sure if they'll win with him either.
Deep inside you know better.

It is Alabama-Tennessee, and the history of the rivalry is cause to make Bama a favorite by at least 6 just because they are playing UT and there is a path the matchup follows. If half of Bama's starting roster had dysentery and could not play, I would still take Bama straight up over UT with no points spread.

When everyone thinks Bama under Saban is going to show up and lay an egg the team has an uncanny way of showing up and playing a good game. We saw that when they whipped Georgia badly in the SEC Championship Game last December. Saban is like a warlock in his ability to conjure up a victory when everyone thinks his team will lose.

Saban is still the better coach against Heupel and his staff is better than UT's is, and I will wager they have the Tide ready and playing better than they did against TAMU. And I readily admit that this Bama team does not look unbeatable, the defense is not as good as many we've seen under Saban, and the offense is not as good without Young at QB. But I also expect that Bama will have a better running game planned after learning from the TAMU experience and an improved but simple passing scheme take pressure off Milroe if Young does not play.

Last edited:

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
Hah! I win. This weeks rankings: GA #1, OSU #2, AL#3.
The OSU and Michigan fanboy love is real and harder to accept that fanboy love for Bama, other SEC teams, and ClemPson. Seeing OSU, Michigan, etc. generally getting assaulted and battered in the semifinals and national championship game when they have undue high rankings makes it very difficult to accept them as top 5 or top 10 teams early in the season.

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
Texas won in a very ugly football game. But, a win is a win.
Tennessee is beating Bama early on.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
wow, Tennessee is bringing it against Bama! Texas with a big win! Kansas woke up and wished they slept in, Illinois, Michigan and Okie St doing well. Syracuse ahead of NC ST but making mistakes. Could stumble!