College football

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
I love college football especially when the conference games start. There are some great SEC games this week -- KY v. Ole Miss, Bama v. Ark, TA&M v. Miss St. I don't think it's going to happen, but I'm rooting for the Hogs to pull off the upset against Alabama. Sam Pittman's done a great job turning that program around.

I love college football. And has some good games to watch today. This is the best time of year for me and it gets better with basketball not too far around the corner.

Illinois and Arizona State fan here. UI is getting better and more competitive under Bielema. And I feel like a weight has been lifted off the ASU program with Herm Edwards departing.

That's a tough beat. I'm an Illini alum so I still root for our team, but I quickly adopted UGA as my primary team when I went there for grad school. I think Bielema is an improvement over the Lovie Smith disaster, but that's a low bar to clear.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Alabama goin' down? Kentucky and Ole Miss.....tangle. Florida State and Wake should be good. Who's your hot pick of the day? I'm picking Baylor over Okie St.

xland

Tele-Holic
That's a tough beat. I'm an Illini alum so I still root for our team, but I quickly adopted UGA as my primary team when I went there for grad school. I think Bielema is an improvement over the Lovie Smith disaster, but that's a low bar to clear.

Great win today for the Illini on the road against Wisconsin. I believe the program is headed in the right direction.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Georgia not looking so hot of late. Got the W, but man, two weeks in a row of substandard performance against really weak opposition.

Bama blew a big lead, but then unloaded on the Hogs. That was a good win for the Tide. Hope Bryce Young is ok, and not too serious of an injury to his shoulder.

I bet Bo Nix is glad he left Auburn for Oregon! He's really shining there so far.

Man, OU? What the hell? Got their doors blown off by TCU. Surprised their D is so bad.

That was a good win for Clemson over a (supposedly) decent NC State squad.

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Scary to see Bryce Young injured. Saban sez he is doing well but they're going to assess him on a day-to-day basis. Milroe did a fine job once the team shook off some stupidity and got back to work. Crazy to have three back-to-back 75yd gains & two TDs. Gibbs is astonishingly fast!

I enjoyed the Clemson game. Tough match. I almost went outside to give out a wolf howl, just to dig at my Clemson-fanatic neighbor. :p

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
Man, already some good games to watch! My boys from Syracuse are not pretenders at 4-0 and will make a bowl game this year. Woohoo! I watched Clemson vs Wake and that was a good game. Miami got waxed by MTSU and holy moly Baylor, Georgia, Michigan all looking in their rear view mirrors......escapay (Dory) Ohio State, Alabama, LSU....SEC looking tough as usual plus recruits lining up for next year.
On another note my HS is #1 in the country and will face off against #2 in 2 weeks. St John Bosco LA vs Mater Dei. High school football is good too.
Syracuse seems to have alumni everywhere. It would be nice to see its football program do well.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
I watched that Clemson/NC State game close. NC State coming in to Syracuse in 2 weeks. But it was an entertaining game as DJ finally got loosened up.
Kentucky losing upsets the apple cart a bit. Georgia Tech beating Pitt was a big surprise for me. I watched Pitt against WVU earlier and they have a lot of weapons.

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
LSU beat Auburn.
Pretty much in spite of themselves.
I forgot the number of penalty yards assessed against them, but it was a bunch.
Here’s hoping they can sort it out at practice this week.

scrapyardblue

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
"Paul Chryst was more Wisconsin than cheese curds and bratwurst," says Sports Illustrated. Three Big Ten West titles and three top 15 finishes in his 7 years, earning himself a raise to $5.25 mil. just five games ago.

Just don't lose to Illinois, I guess.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
LSU beat Auburn.
Pretty much in spite of themselves.
I forgot the number of penalty yards assessed against them, but it was a bunch.
Here’s hoping they can sort it out at practice this week.

Well, 14 more penalty yards than Auburn had (LSU had 10 for 94, AU had 8 for 80).

I would say LSU won in spite of getting outgained 270-438 and Auburn giving them four turnovers. But the W is all that matters.

And forget my comment about Georgia struggling of late--they have the War Buzzards this Saturday-- that will help the Bulldogs look real good real quick. They'll probably have the spread covered by halftime lol

Stringbanger

Telefied
Ad Free Member
DF090AAB-8A15-4153-9ED6-30890CD09F50.png

That was weird! The program wasn’t allowing me to type text, so I had to come back a second time.

PSU is out to a 5-0 record, and they look pretty good on both sides of the ball!

This Saturday is their bye, which will give them time to focus on a tough Michigan squad October 15.

Last edited:

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
I was up in the country and reliant upon Dish Network because cable has not been run there and the intermess service is still DSL. I missed Ole Miss-Kentucky and the Georgia-Mizzou game and had to listen to the latter on radio (with unusually poor reception). UGA-Kent State was not broadcast on a regular network and I missed that haphazard game as well.

The UGA coaching staff better get the dogtailing out of the team's system this week or they are going to drop a game or two. Georgia is going to be 7 games in before they get a bye week and look like they could have used one already. (Which brings me to my idea that every FBS team should have a uniform bye week after every 4 games to benefit the players and put all teams on an equal footing with rest weeks.) Taking a week off and playing at the opposition's level is what UGA teams did historically and they lost games to lesser teams because of it. Most believed that Smart had gotten the team beyond that but are not so sure now. I am not saddened that UGA dropped from the no. 1 ranking at all and it perhaps takes the target off of them to some extent. Perhaps it will motivate them as well. As long as they are top 10 or so and take care of business each week the rankings will work themselves out over the next 7 games.

Tennessee looks like it could be the SEC team that most challenges and threatens Alabama and Georgia (TN plays both in the coming weeks and has a good rivalry with both).

TAMU has fallen again and is a hard team to figure out. They were supposed to be the no. 2 team in the SEC West and challenge Bama but Ole Miss appears to be no. 2 thus far.

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
Colorado and Wisconsin coaches.....gone. Winning isn't everything. Sure.
I'm not 100% sure that Chryst was fired over his record. Maybe the suits wanted to fire him for some unrelated reason and waited until a (2 game) losing streak. Otherwise, it makes little sense.

Last edited: