College Football Season 2021

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
Obviously I'm pulling hard for my 'Dawgs but recent history doesn't bode well. Regardless -- GO DAWGS SIC 'EM!!!!

Regarding the playoff, I've always thought an 8 team playoff would be ideal and that's where it will probably end up. That said, the 4 team playoff is more than a fair test to determine a true national champion, and I don't think an 8 team playoff would have made much difference this year.

The ugly result expected from the NIL rules involving bidding wars appears to be here in the pursuit of Caleb Williams.

I'm not sure why this would be an ugly result. One of the biggest ongoing complaints about NCAA football is the lack of parity and the notion that the rich programs (like my Georgia Bulldogs) just keep getting richer. If anything, NIL rules will start to level the recruiting playing field and allow smaller programs to compete for 5 and 4 star recruits in a way they couldn't do previously.

jman72

Friend of Leo's
I love cinderalla team that win, however, I think college basketball has way more than college football.
I know how you feel- I've always liked that about college basketball (growing up an NC State fan definitely drilled the Cinderella theme into my brain). With football, there are so many players and so many skills needed to win that the "best" team will win 9 times out of 10. Size and strength on the O-line are just too hard to overcome. There is a lot more parity in college basketball. All you need is one player to get REALLY hot from the 3 point line and the upset can happen.

Greatest game I ever attended was January 1991 in Reynolds Coliseum in Raleigh: NC State vs Duke. Duke was ranked #9 with Christian Laettner, Bobby Hurley, and Grant Hill. NC State was....not ranked. Laettner and Hurley were so easy to hate. :) Shockingly, the Wolfpack pulled off the upset and we all stormed the court like we'd just won the National Championship! Everybody on campus poured into the Brickyard (the central plaza on campus) and partied like we'd won it all! Man, that was great!

Duke went on to win the National Championship a couple months later, but...WE BEAT DOOK!

Oh yeah, GO GEORGIA!

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
I'm calling the Badgers vs Army best because the cameras and Bucky mascot repeatedly concentrated on my daughter and her roommates.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Well, to recap the college football season in Casa De Fiesta Red…

All my favorite teams were somewhere between bad and dismal…but the Sooners are in disarray, so that makes me happy.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Great game. I didn’t go to UGA but I grew up in a Bulldog family and that stuck. Except for the one time they played us in a bowl I’m always rooting for them. Hunker Down! Well deserved. Congrats.

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
UGA Bulldogs.. 2021/2022 National Champions. Blessed.
FIy6xq9WYAMXQPA.jpeg.jpg

tmp1.gif

Last edited:

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I know how you feel- I've always liked that about college basketball (growing up an NC State fan definitely drilled the Cinderella theme into my brain). With football, there are so many players and so many skills needed to win that the "best" team will win 9 times out of 10. Size and strength on the O-line are just too hard to overcome. There is a lot more parity in college basketball. All you need is one player to get REALLY hot from the 3 point line and the upset can happen.

Greatest game I ever attended was January 1991 in Reynolds Coliseum in Raleigh: NC State vs Duke. Duke was ranked #9 with Christian Laettner, Bobby Hurley, and Grant Hill. NC State was....not ranked. Laettner and Hurley were so easy to hate. :) Shockingly, the Wolfpack pulled off the upset and we all stormed the court like we'd just won the National Championship! Everybody on campus poured into the Brickyard (the central plaza on campus) and partied like we'd won it all! Man, that was great!

Duke went on to win the National Championship a couple months later, but...WE BEAT DOOK!

Oh yeah, GO GEORGIA!
Sic’em Bears!