College Football Season 2019

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Aug 24, 2019.

1. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

Wisconsin is a completely likeable team. Good luck in Rose Bowl against Ducks (another likeable team).

imwjl likes this.
  2. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Is likable how it works? I don't follow it all that closely.

It is hard to escape the way people feel about Badgers and Packers around here but I have been surprised to find people rooting for then when I travel including outside of the US.

Happy people is always a good thing. The sports teams can bond people not together on other topics so I'll take it.

:)

3. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

Some programs are easier to root for than others, is all.

4. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

The bowl game season starts tonight. They are not particularly exciting, but it is college football when there is no other.

Boise State and Washington play tomorrow night, which is probably going to be the most interesting one this weekend. It will be Peterson's last game as HC at UW, and I am sure the talking heads will prattle on endlessly about a storyline of a coach against his former program.

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-bowl-schedule/

5. Guitarzan

6. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Holiday Bowl is pretty wild! Iowa vs. USC.

7. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Tele-Holic

Peach Bowl - LSU 63 OU 28. Geaux Tigers!!!

985plowboy likes this.
  8. Chip

Chip Friend of Leo's

4DAB1B98-023C-4FE8-ACC5-AEDD2EB5105B.png

9. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Holy cow!!! LSU kicked a mud hole into ou. I am so freaking happy it’s unbelievable

Colo Springs E likes this.
  10. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

While I expected to see LSU defeat OU, I never imagined it would be a rout. I don't know what happened to Jalen Hurts but he couldn't hit anything this afternoon.

Ohio State/Clemson was an amazing game, could have gone either way...but I'm a Southerner, no way I'd root for Ohio State.

I hope the Championship game is as good. I'm divided a bit. I loved living in Louisiana...but in about a month, I'll be living in SC. Alabama isn't in it...so I gotta go with my gut. I really like Dabo Swinney, former Alabama player, etc...but I think LSU has a better overall team. I'm picking LSU.

11. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Geaux Tigers!

12. Stringbanger

Cotton Bowl: Penn State 53 Memphis 39.

8488FEF2-9B3B-44BE-A3D6-B294A4940F40.jpeg

13. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oh, I absolutely expected an epic woodshedding--what I didn't expect was for it to look like LSU versus a high school team. That was unreal. I figured LSU would win 48-20 or something like that, but I didn't expect them to have scored half a Benjamin by the end of two quarters.

I too think LSU will beat Clemson--difficult to imagine the Bayou Bengals losing, especially since it's essentially a home game (New Orleans). I want it to be a good game... but I don't know man. Clamzin starts off slow against LSU like they did versus OSU? LSU won't be kicking field goals, I'll tell ya that. I'll say LSU 41-30.

14. Guitarzan

LSU put a good, old fashioned whooping on OU. I expected LSU to win by 20-30 points, but would have never guessed that OU's defense was so bad it would give up 49 points in the first half.

The problem for everyone else in the world is that LSU's defense got healthy and those in the dogpatch were good to return and the defense is much improved late in the season. It has now handled TAMU, Georgia, and OU without much problem.

ClemPson made a few more plays that OSU and beat them because OSU could not put them away when it had the chance. I expected OSU to beat them but it did not work out that way. In any event, we are going to see two good college QB's in the championship and I hope it is a good game.

In the meantime, I am going to have to endure the embarrassment of a highly depleted and apathetic Georgia team losing to frickin' Baylor.

DekeDog likes this.
  15. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Holic

I'm pulling for Klimpsin, because I'm an ACC fan (Tar Heels), and I really don't care for Ohio State. I was glad Klimpsin won, but OSU got screwed by the officials on a couple of big calls. I thought OSU had the better team. I'm glad to see LSU and Klimpsin in the championship game. If CU had lost to OSU, I'd be pulling for LSU.

16. stxrus

I had to gloat a bit yesterday when an okie fan showed up at the beach and started giving me crap about my Longhorn bathing suit. I asked how was that second string Alabama quarterback was working out?

17. Stringbanger

Rose Bowl! Holy Cow! Wisco getting the breaks!

18. Guitarzan

What was his reaction?

19. Guitarzan

Bammer struggled with Michigan for a half.

Auburn lost to Minnesota. Unfortunately, the did not both lose.

Georgia did better than I expected and beat Baylor looking ugly doing it. UGA had a good first half and shut BU out and then only scored 7 points in the second half with a lot of three and outs and failures on third down. It has a long way to go to make it back to the Nat'l Champ. game.

I don't really see another "must see" match up until the championship game, and it is way late this year on Monday, Jan. 13. They should play it on Jan. 6 and be done with it.

20. stxrus

He actually was pretty quiet. A lot more subdued than I would have thought. He and his buddies left a short later

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.