College Football Season 2019

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Aug 24, 2019.

1. xland

xland Tele-Meister

Huge college football fan here! Since moving out Phoenix I've adopted Arizona State as my college sports team to follow and root for.

I enjoyed Thursday's game but it is apparent that they had some glaring issues up front against a pretty bad Kent State team. That is going to have to get fixed quickly if they are going to have much of a chance against better competition.

I was very skeptical of them hiring Herm Edwards at first but I have to admit that I have warmed up to the hire as he has surrounded himself with a good staff and I think he is building a pretty good program. My expectations for this season are tempered, I think they can go to a bowl game but they play a ton of true and redshirt freshmen this year so there will be some growing pains. I think defensively they can be pretty good and they can ride the back of Eno Benjamin on offense to take some of the pressure off their true freshman QB until he can get his feet under him (and hopefully fix the pass protection issue).

Anyway, I am SO happy college football is back as it's easily my favorite sport to watch.

2. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

Don't feel bad, Rick-man. Good teams have been losing to our Broncos for years after thinking they had them beat.

Ivorytooth and Ironwolf like this.
  3. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

And, they won with a Freshman starting quarterback.

ravindave_3600 and Ivorytooth like this.
  4. chet again

chet again Tele-Afflicted

I grew up in Omaha but it's too expensive to live there. I bought a house in Iowa for cheep.

That center kept hiking the ball high almost every play until they replaced him. Martinez had to reach up way too much. I think that threw him off as well.

Intubator likes this.
  5. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

Houston did better than I expected against OU last night.
    next week we have LSU followed by Rice and Oklahoma State

6. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Afflicted

FSU is in its 2nd year with Willie Taggart at the helm. It is too early to tell whether he's suited to be a head coach at a program where expectations are this high, but last season's poor record, the end of FSU's bowl-game-appearance streak and the loss to Boise State are suggesting a downward trend.

That said, you gotta give credit where it is due. That young QB for Boise State played with heart. He took some hits and bounced right back. He also made some great passes both finding open receivers and dropping them in between defenders. On top of that, Boise State's defense just completely shut down FSU's offense in the second half. Comparing the first half to the second, it was like watching two different games.

Great road win for Boise State. They deserved it.

ravindave_3600 likes this.
  7. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

10RC people are definitely crying after losing to lowly newcomer Georgia State.

The rest of are LOAO. :lol::D

Laughing at S. Carolina losing the UNC and Mizzouruh losing to Wyoming as well.

The Barn almost lost to Orygun; AU led that game for a total of 9 seconds on the game clock but they led when it counts, which is at the very end.

8. Guitarzan

FSU's squander of that game is not as bad as Tennessee losing to Georgia State, so there is solace in that. ;)

Orygun collapsed too, let AU-barn hang on and then squeak out a late win.

9. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

I love to drive down the road and get a horns gesture out the window from someone else.

Very rarely does anyone have the nerve to offer a horns down at me.

I’m anxious to see if Tom Herman can inspire any top shelf recruits to stay close to home... rather than OU or the SEC.

10. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Another cupcake game that turned into a pancake. Oh well, it had to be a confidence-booster for PSU.

D32D728B-F94D-433A-A07B-ADF3A8FCB778.png

11. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

I’m fairly confident in Herman’s ability to recruit, especially if they can continue to win

ravindave_3600 and TheGoodTexan like this.
  12. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

That was stupid. They should have used 3rd string from get go and not bumped it up.

Stringbanger likes this.
  13. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

I know! I’m definitely not one for running up the score like that.

14. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

I’m not a fan of Penn St and that kind of behavior just stinks like a sack full of dead skunks

15. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Well Syracuse got their heads in the helmets handed to them by Maryland. 63-20, Maryland has scored 142 points in two games. Syracuse defense could not stop the run and the offense couldn't run the ball. Two turnovers gave Maryland 14 free points and they were off and running, literally. I feel good the game is over and we get ready for Clemson next week. o_O

16. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

BSU beat Marshall 14-7.

ravindave_3600 likes this.
  17. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

A&M did better than I expected
    Colorado...WOW
    Texas/LSU interesting but sloppy

18. chet again

chet again Tele-Afflicted

Told ya the Nebraska was over-rated.

19. Guitarzan

Mike Locksley is the first year HC straight from the OC job at Bammer. I thought he and Mel Tucker would have a tough row to hoe at Maryland and Colorado but are off to decent starts. However, it is still early and the toughest football is yet to be played.

If Maryland did that to Syrexcuse imagine what ClemPson is going to do as payback for last year. :eek:

dented likes this.
  20. Guitarzan

The way everyone talked up TAMU I expected more from them. But they had homefield advantage last year and were at ClemPson this year.

Everyone is getting giddy about LSU after winning one game. But they beat a lower ranked Texas team, and ostensibly, based on rankings going in, they were supposed to beat the Teasips. It was not a pretty game an neither was clearly dominant. The Teasips wore down and LSU got ahead at the very end but I don't know that LSU is a world beater yet, we will know after they play Bammer, Auburn, and TAMU and will be able to decide if they should be ranked in top 3-4 as some are discussing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.