1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

College Football: LSU vs. Oregon. Your thoughts..

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by eggman, Aug 30, 2011.

1. eggman

eggman Friend of Leo's

Howdy,

These are my thoughts on this Saturday's LSU-Oregon match-up. CBS Sports' 6 pundits all pick Oregon, btw..and Vegas has LSU as a 2.5 point fav..

Oregon wins if: Their offense is in mid-season (or even 2nd game form), LSU's recent off-field distractions impair the Tiger's focus.

LSU wins if: Graduation has taken as big a toll on the Duck's linemen as some sources claim, LSU's defense is as good as some pundits believe.

Some points to consider: While this is a virtual home game for LSU, it is not being played in Tiger stadium..and LSU in Tiger stadium at night is very tough to beat. Also, Oregon may feel as if they've a score to settle with the SEC..and they've seemingly got the talent to do it. I'll predict my alma mater -LSU-to win. What about you?

2. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It would be so much cooler if not for the LSU issues, but we got what we got.

I think LSU will do a good job for the most part with the Duck RB (can't recall his name) but that he'll break a long one or two. LSU's QB will do ok but will make a critical mistake down the stretch.

I'll go Ducks, 26-23.

3. PK

PK Banned

Oregon will win 45-10!

PK

4. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

My thoughts...arresting!:lol:

(Oregon 16...LSU 14)

5. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

Oregon well beat LSU sorry Eggman.

6. Brother Rob

Brother Rob Tele-Holic

Before the off field crap. LSU wins. But lose your starting QB and several other players a week before the game? And playing on a semi neutral field. Ducks win.

7. 68thinline

68thinline Tele-Afflicted

LSU has a great record beating top 10 opponents. Vegas knows the odds are in their favor.

8. eggman

eggman Friend of Leo's

Howdy,

A timely BUMP.

9. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

LSU and not that close.

rooting for the ducks though.

10. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

Well congrats to LSU my Duck got a case of turning the ball over and LSU score points as a result of it.

I guess you can say the Ducks shot themselves in the webfoot.

Oh well the next game is here at Autzen Stadium against Nevada.

11. voodoo_idol

voodoo_idol Friend of Leo's

I think LSU won. Boring game. Hard to believe they were ranked 3 and 4. Ducks were more fun to watch back in the days of Feeley and Harrington.

12. jwj4856

jwj4856 Tele-Holic

Ducks got plucked. Never count out the Tigers.

13. 68thinline

68thinline Tele-Afflicted

Tigers have a solid defense. Oregon was pretty one-dimensional on offense. That's a recipe for an upset right there.

Picked this one and the Notre Dame loss too (that was a weird game).

We (gators) have to play LSU in Baton Rouge this year - hope we make it out alive, but I doubt it. Go gators.

14. Colo Springs E

Congrats LSU, big win!

Oregon is beginning to become 'that team' the one that can't win on the big stage.

Both LSU and Auburn made them one-dimensional by not allowing them to run the ball. When you become one-dimensional on offense, your chances of winning against really good teams (particularly those with strong, big, fast defenses) go down drastically.

But not a great day all the way around for the SEC... Georgia got absolutely wood-shedded by Boise in what was essentially a home game for the Dawgs. Auburn was at home, and needed a lot of luck and 14 points in the last 3 minutes to beat... Utah State?

South Carolina ended up winning big, but was down by double-digits at home at halftime to ECU.

I did dig Georgia's crazy lids though, those were sweet!

Switching gears, Notre Dame... it's not even fun to hate them anymore, I'm actually at the point of feeling a little sorry for them.

15. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

Nah, it's always right to hate on ND. :D

16. Colo Springs E

LOL, true that!

17. Brother Rob

Brother Rob Tele-Holic

...and this is why I don't bet on College Football.

18. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Friend of Leo's

I live in Oregon, but grew up near Seattle. I will, forever, be a Husky fan. To be blunt, I hate the Ducks. Nothing would make me happier than them being knocked out of the top 10 & losing to the OSU Beavers on the last game of the season.

19. ' burn 08

' burn 08 Tele-Afflicted

LSU's defense takes a dump on our defense, this years and last. And last year's D did a good job against the ducks. My thoughts are that Oregon is going to have a hard time against a D that will line up and smack you in the mouth. And their entire offense is precipitated by the run game. SEC defenses are fast too guys.

In regards to Auburn, I'm not making excuses. We got man handled. It looked like a buch of Seniors against a bunch of Freshmen, which it was. 50 something players on our squad are either true or redshirt freshmen. Oklahoma had a close opener with Utah state last year also. But there is not escuse. If we don't get better, and fast, it is going to be a long year. I do think we will improve greatly as the year goes on though.

20. ' burn 08

' burn 08 Tele-Afflicted

Oh, and I think LSU may be the best team in the country. Maybe. We play at Death Valley this year....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.