1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

College Football 2016

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

They are looking so today.

2. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

I wonder what they'll be ranked now ?

I'm guessing 3rd or 4th at worst. We'll see.

3. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

I guess I'm an Ohio State fan tonight

4. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

My daughter and I had a great game day. It was not the easy Wisconsin win I thought it would be.

It was a really fun time being there but I don't think I'll be joining my fanatical friends watching TV. I kind of forgot I'm an alum, my @uwalumni.com email address. I guess you take it for granted when it's all next door.

It was WAY more wild when I last went to a game. In 70s - early 80s there was way more drinking, drugs, body passing, and locally it seems like the players are better behaved.

What other teams have a band in same league? Badger band has always seemed so good. We followed the music and 5th quarter and all the band did. It's a day just to follow the band before game, 5th quarter, and then the march back to campus.

We might join family for a game later in the season. I hope all of your favorite teams win (as long as it's not beating the Badgers).

:)

[​IMG]

uriah1 likes this.
  5. stxrus

nd & ou lost but so did my Horns. Game started way too late for me to finish so I was little help. Sorry guys

6. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My CFB playoff if played right now: 1 Ohio State 2 Alabama 3 Louisville 4 Houston. It is important to note though, that the biggest win for OSU and Houston was against OU... who is 1-2 and out of the playoff picture in mid September. Still, I got 'em both in the top 4 right now.

I'm still not sold on Michigan just yet. Man I was hoping the Buffs would pull that off (but knew they wouldn't).

Not sold on Clemson yet either, shaky wins over Auburn and Troy.

Big10 is looking pretty good, have to give them credit (so far).

7. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Notre Dame lost 2 times already, and they are really a pretty decent team.

Jim W likes this.
  8. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

OK, we have a problem now. I have no desire to watch this stuff on TV, and I see much lesser location tickets for WI vs OH are WAY more than we paid to see the Georgia Panthers.

Kids, how about we just go downtown and watch the band before the game????? Kids, think about now much you want to trade you old phones for new ones? Kids, we've flown across the country for what a few hours at Camp Randall could cost.

I'm sure last minute on the street purchases will be better priced if it's 40 deg, raining, and windy.

Still, we had a good time and I get the enthusiasm all of you have.

:)

9. Jim W

Jim W Friend of Leo's

North Dakota State U knocked off U of Iowa. Go Bison.

10. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

^^If I was a major college football team, NO WAY I'd schedule the Bison! Nothing to be gained from the game, and you're likely going to lose lol

11. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

That is the Georgia State Panthers, as opposed to Georgia Bulldogs. Wiscy beat a flawed, over ranked LSU team that likely will not even be a factor in the SEC West, and people started getting all cocky. It seems that every team has its day where it just does not want to show up and play and the lesser opponent does show up to play. A lot of those games are scheduled earlier in the day as well, and the players have to get up early.

FSU played Louisville in the dreaded noon slot and failed to show up against a ranked opponent. That was a beatdown, and I cannot remember a comparable one right off hand.

12. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

The FSU/Louisville game left me wondering how good Louisville really is!
    Houston beat FSU pretty soundly in the Peach Bowl last year and the Cards handed it to em Saturday. So was FSU overrated? Or are the Cards real good?

The narrative in Houston this season is a Cinderella story with signature wins over the Sooners and the Cards to make a pitch for the playoff. I am sure the narrative in Louisville is the playoff with wins over FSH and Houston.

I think Louisville is in a great position right now, this may be their Cinderella year.

13. Guitarzan

Louisville has to play ClemPson and Houston in the regular season. So they have a chance to play 3 teams ranked Top 10 at the time of the game, and they stand a pretty good chance of dropping a game. If they win them all, they stand a good shot at the playoffs.

ClemPson has not looked that good this year so far, not as good as Houston has.

Todd Grantham is the DC, and Georgia fans were glad to see him go there. UGA pounded Louisville at the end of the 2014 season, with Nick Chubb rushing for 260 plus yards. That defense looked like a Grantham D at UGA, they had their hands up looking to the sideline trying to figure out where they should line up, and they were often caught out of position. Now, talking heads are saying that Louisville has a righteous D. I don't know whether Grantham went back to the drawing board and simplified his schemes to make it easy to line up and the D is that good, or they just have not faced the right O to expose them.

14. Guitarzan

Was anyone surprised that Chokelahoma and Big Game Bob lost? They started off ranked way too high.

I am curious how much longer the Sooners keep Stoops, he has not done anything for them lately. Nothing for them in 13 years.

Auburn gave Gus Malzahn a big extension earlier this year, and he is in a downstroke on offense. The Barners around here are getting down on him and rather impatient. If AU is blown out by Georgia and Bammer, things will get really thorny. But the Barn is going to have a hard time because they would have to pay him so much and then go into the marketplace and pay someone else a huge chunk.

15. stxrus

We fell from 11 to 21. Still in the top 25

16. Dan R

Dan R Poster Extraordinaire

I don't know all that much about Louisville football, but they sure stunned FSU! It seemed like they scored at will on the 'Noles. A real eye opener.

That Bama, Ole Miss game nearly gave me (and others) a heart attack. Never a dull moment. Roll tide.

17. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

Long story short ... Louisville started playing Thursday night games about 20 years ago and got a lot of TV exposure while winning a lot of those games. Howard Schnellenberger is a Louisville native and he came home and coached Louisville after he left Miami. He built the program up and then John L Smith took over won a few bowl games. He took an offer from Michigan State I think it was.

Bobby Petrino finally landed at Louisville and stuck around until he won the Orange Bowl then left to coach the Atlanta Falcons. He swore to never leave Louisville. But he did.

Louisville got some coach named Craigthorp but he didn't last but a couple years. Then they hired Charlie Strong who got them back on track but left for Texas.

Now Petrino is back. He's got a bad rep because after failing at Atlanta he wound up at Arkansas and was fired for having an affair with an ex Arkansas volleyball player.

A lot of Louisville fans didn't want him back but at this point I guess they're happy. Love him or hate him Petrino can coach and recruit.

They appear to have a legit top 5 team this year.

Myself I'm a Kentucky fan so I'm never very happy football fan LOL.

Go SEC !

Dan R likes this.
  18. Guitarzan

ClemPson whooped tech last night, no real surprise there.

Georgia and Ole Miss are playing at 12 EST, 11 AM CST.

19. Guitarzan

Les Miles lost his job over a short time situation at the end of a game. He won a championship and played for another. A bunch of coaches will be pursuing that job.

This weekend does not have as many marquis match-ups as some of the past weekends.

Tonight Stanford and Washington play. I believe UW is overrated, and tonight they will be tested.

Tennessee will likely beat Georgia this weekend.

Louisville-ClemPson is the big Saturday night match-up.

Michigan and Wisconsin are playing during the day. Wisc had trouble with Georgia State and then bean Michigan State. It will be interesting to see if they can get up for a consecutive big conference game, and if they win, they will be in good shape toward the conference championship.

20. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

It seems Les has been taking heat for the poor offensive performances for a couple of years now. It's so odd that he gets the recruits but it did not translate into a potent offense. I guess the booster thought the enough is enough. He can just about call his next gig if he likes. I bet Baylor has already tried to hire him, since they have an interim coach for the remainder of the season.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.