1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

College Football 2016

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Waaaaar Eagle! :)

e44crowe likes this.
  2. Bigpernz

Bigpernz Tele-Meister

833140e8ed74af38f7d7ae1511fcebdd.jpg

3. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Houston handed ou their butts

fendertx and still_fiddlin like this.
  4. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

Just got back from the Big House.

It was a close one, but Michigan managed to pull it out by the end.

Cheers,
    Geoff

5. Troubleandahalf

Troubleandahalf Tele-Afflicted

Rose Bowl bound for the first time since the Eisenhower administration! (I say this every year, I'm actually quite sane)
    [​IMG]

6. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Houston last two games: whupped up on FSU, whupped up on OU.
    Not bad.

fendertx and still_fiddlin like this.
  7. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Several upsets today! The media has been billing this as the best opening weekend of college football ever. The level of competition is much better than years past.

8. stxrus

Not a bad start to 2016. My Horns played football like they used to do. Charlie Strong may have cemented his place among the great UT coaches.

I would love to see Houston moving to the Big 12.

9. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

GO BIG GREEN!!!

May the School with the most of these win the big Prize!

[​IMG]

10. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Malzahn is a defective coach with flawed strategic abilities. If things do not go according to a plan, and AU just run all over its opponents, he cannot adjust and win. That is the opposite of what we saw from the FSU staff last night against Ole Miss.

The Barner defense played well against that ClemPson O, and kept the team in a position to win it. But Malzahn had an offense in the red zone 4 times and walked away with 7 points. If he had kicked 3 FG's and then scored a TD, AU would have been in the lead, at least for a while, and it could have changed the complexion of the game. AU did better than expected in that game, and if Malzahn had accepted that the defenses were both keeping it a low-scoring affair (contrary to what both coaches probably expected) and that every point therefore mattered, and kicked the FG's, it could have changed the outcome. AU was not getting TD's easily, but it was not losing by kicking FG's because ClemPson could not score easily either, and that just did not compute for him in real time.

FSU kicked field goals and took the points when Ole Miss had 28, then they made a breakthrough on O and D and scored a TD, and Ole Miss started turning the ball over. Scoring small rather than walking away with nothing when Ole Miss had a big lead kept them in the game.

11. Guitarzan

It was a good weekend for football. I was surprised to see UGA run Nick Chubb 32 times in his first game back from the knee injury. The true freshman QB, Jacob Eason, looked pretty good. I was disappointed that we did not see Evander Holyfield's son, Elijah, carry the ball, but he apparently has a tweaked ankle.

There is a reason that OU is called "Chokelahoma" and the coach is called "Big Game Bob."

Les Miles is in a bit of trouble, and things will get worse if they don't get some good QB play. LSU and Auburn may be in the same position at the end of the year, having coaches that they want to boot but being locked into big contracts. I was surprised that Auburn gave Malzahn an extension this year.

12. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Sports_Syracuse WEB Logo.jpg

13. Guitarzan

The new AP poll bumped Houston way up in the rankings. The ACC now has two teams in the top 5, but they have to play. It is still too early, really, to have a sensible poll.

What is the story with Washington being top 10? What roll have they been on, in like, ever? They were 7-6 last year and 4-5 in the PAC. Why the hype?

I wish that they did not bump Georgia up into the top 10, I'd rather see them at no. 25 until they show up and do something.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/6/12808468/ncaa-football-rankings-2016-week-one

14. Guitarzan

Louisville is creeping up in the polls and some of the talking heads are talking it up as the sleeper team of the year. But they still have the lousy D coordinator that Georgia politely pushed out, and it remains to see if dirtbag Bobby Petrino can remain in one place long and handle success.

15. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Houston all the way to 6 was a surprise here locally. I think everyone expected the back end of the top ten, 8th or 9th.

16. stxrus

It's nice to just be ranked again. AP has Texas at 11. I can live with that going into week 2

17. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Yeah, I agree the early ratings can be way off base. Although I'm not any kind of Longhorns fan, I'm glad they beat Notre Dame. I just get tired of having to choose between Notre Dame and Notre Dame for watching a game every now and then.

Aggies did a good job against UCLA. And I think Houston is going to score a lot of points this year.

Would've been better for both Houston and Texas just to appear in the low end of the top 25 somewhere (like the Aggies), but as a top 10 (or near top 10), they just got a big old target painted on the back of their jerseys. Anyways, it's a long way to December.

18. stxrus

I don't mind the target. You only get better playing good teams. Rise up to the challenge
    I cheer for thevTexas Longhorns and ANYBODY that plays against OU, Notre Dame, & the NY Yankees

19. Guitarzan

The TeaSips don't seem to have the same hatred for the Aggies that the Aggies have for the TeaSips.

I hate Notre Dame and the Yankees too.

20. christhee68

christhee68 Friend of Leo's

I didn't read all the posts, but all I have to say is...Clemson Tigers.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.