1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

College Football 2015

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I read somewhere that was the longest drive (# of plays) in college football in over 2 years.

2. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

That was an epic drive. Hopefully drove them right into the playoff. Hopefully they won't get screwed by Stanford jumping them.

3. Gloveberg

Gloveberg Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Clemson vs OU, Bama vs MSU

Roll TIde :)

4. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Gotta say: I'm more of an NFL fan but man, I am looking forward to that Bama vs MSU game.

5. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

Should be some exciting games.
    Go Clemson

6. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

It's because so many people pronounce it "Clempson." One can go up around Lake Hartwell and talk to the locals and meet a lot of Clempson fans on both sides of the state line. It's kinda like meeting the people that work at the "nuculer plant" (the DOE's Savannah River Site).

I know a young woman in my age group that could not get into college. She went to Clempson and got a degree in education and taught elementary school. How does she pronounce it? "Clempson"!

7. Guitarzan

Vern has gotten too old and Gary is just himself and has a bad voice for the job. Vern makes a lot of mistakes and Gary talks too much, way too much overkill and beating dead horses. Vern was noticeably better 10 years ago. He was neighbors in Colorado with General Robin Olds and is recognized in the book, and since I had met Olds, I spoke with Vern when I ran into him. He was pleasant and gracious, but his younger, better days are behind him. It happens to us all.

8. Zender

Zender Tele-Meister

South Carolina just hired Will Muschamp as head coach and I'm freaking out. Why hire a guy who messed up Florida's program?
    Any Gator fans out there who think Muschamp is a good SEC head coach?

9. Guitarzan

I believe the championship games and expanded playoff selection system worked out pretty well so far this year. I like the match-ups pretty well and what the composition of the championship could be.

All the championship games were pretty good, and I curse the stupidity of the NCAA, the conferences, and the networks for the horrendous overlaps. They foolishly diminished the football season experience for the viewers, and that is a bad mistake to make for people in the entertainment business. It would have been worth it to watch all of the games in sequence, and all of them were good for at least 3 quarters. I expected FL to be competitive for 3 quarters, and they were except for the last 3-4 minutes of the 3d quarter, and that is when it started getting away from them. USC played Stanford tight for a while before it got away. Then MSU-Iowa and Clempson-UNC made things interesting for the duration.

10. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

Yeah pretty good four teams in there this year. I'm hoping it comes down to Clemson and MSU. I'd like to see OU get stomped. Reason being that I used to live in OKC and everybody would rag on me about Ohio State. OU had two plays in their book back then: option right-option left and 90% of their players came from Texas. One time I saw a bumper sticker that said:'OU the best Texans that money can buy'. Anyway, I would like to see them add two more teams to the championship series.

11. Guitarzan

I watched the LSU-Texas Tech game last night, an they scored a lot of combined points. LSU won by outscoring TT 56-27. When TT got into the red zone, they ran plays that LSU did not understand and could not defend. TT showed something impressive about the spread against an SEC power ball team in the way in scored in the RZ. But the problem for TT was getting into the red zone frequently enough. TT has an impressive QB, Mahomes, and he will do some big things if he stays healthy.

Fournette impressed with 212 yards and 5 TD's. He broke several runs over 20 yards. He came very close to 2,000 yards for the season.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rick-mahomes-texas-tech-quarterback/74406814/

12. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Great NY Eve dinner, horrible MSU performance vs Alabama. Oh man was that bad.

13. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Glad ou went out in the semis. Hate them!!! Clemson looked pretty good. 'Bama looked as good as MSU looked bad

I'm hoping Clemson/'Bama is a good game. I'd be happy with either one, though I'm pulling a wee bit more for 'Bama

14. Guitarzan

The game was a little closer than the final score indicated, MSU was really close to scoring several times. They should have put points on the board but could not. I believe MSU's biggest shortcoming was that it never established a running game and put too much pressure on the QB and receivers. That happened to a lot of teams that played Bammer, and Ole Miss was the only one that got lucky enough to capitalize on 5 offensive turnovers. Nonetheless, I don't think MSU matched up as well as I expected. I thought it would be a game decided by 10 points or less.

OU challenged ClemPson in the first half, but ClemPson shut them down in the second. Bammer-ClemPson will be an interesting championship game.

15. Gladiator

Gladiator TDPRI Member

Saban is like the John Wooden of college football. Both used "the process". As much as I like Clemson, I don't think they stand a chance.

16. Guitarzan

17. Guitarzan

18. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think they stand a chance. But if I was forced into betting a large sum of money... not much way I could go against little Nicky. I hate him, but he's just the best. This is coming from an Auburn fan :(

19. Guitarzan

I don't believe ClemPson will get it done against the beasts on the line of scrimmage for Bammer. Even Bammer's RB can whoop the linemen on other teams.

Attached Files:

20. Cheshiergrin

Cheshiergrin Tele-Holic

That was painful, when Adams (the quarterback) got hurt I knew they would lose. With him they were really good, without him they fold.
    Rooting for Clemson, maybe bama"s o line will get the flu.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.