1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

College Football 2015

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Sep 2, 2015.

1. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

Yeah, Ohio State looked like they were for real ( bad that is ).I'll bet there's a new offensive co this this next year. MSU has ruined more than a few seasons for the Bucks. It doesn't hurt as much knowing Dantonio was the Bucks defensive co just a few years ago. Tom Herman's Houston went down, sorry to see that. Oklahoma State is one of my favorites and it was hard to believe they lost, but I hope they pull out a win against Oklahoma. If Clemson wins out it fine with me especially if they whip on the "big name teams". There's still a lot of traditional games left so maybe there'll be some changes. I can't remember a year when there were so many undefeated teams late in the season.

2. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

TCU beat Baylor and OU crushed Okie State, so I don't suppose TCU and Baylor will be whining about being left out of the playoff games.

Some of the rivalry games were pretty hard fought. S. Carolina gave ClemPson a hard time, Auburn played Bammer tough for a half, and it took Georgia the entire game to put Tech away.

Zeke Elliot ran for a lot of yards Saturday. Derrick Henry carried the ball 37 times for Bammer, over half of its plays, and he had a lot of yards. He seems to be in a pretty good position for the Heisman race.

Georgia finally made the move and fired Richt. I really did not think that the AD and admin would do it because he has a winning record, has had few losing seasons, and is a "swell" guy and all. I thought that they would give him at least another year. But they did it, and I give them credit for that. Now, I have to wonder if they will do a good job with the replacement hire.

3. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's

Glad to see the Buckeyes have a good game. If you are going to win one, the one against the team up north has to be it.

Too bad they had to wait for a loss before they got their act together.

4. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

I was just wondering, if Michigan State or Iowa head into the playoff and wind up taking the title, back-to-back titles for the Big 10, are we going to start hearing about how the Big 10 is the country's dominant conference, ala the SEC or, earlier this season, the PAC 12?

I think Michigan State has a shot. By then, Connor Cook will be healthy, maybe. And they have a ton of speed and talent on defense.

5. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Friend of Leo's

Deleted post...I noticed I'd already posted.

6. Guitarzan

The rumor mill states that Kirby Smart will leave the DC position at Bammer to take the HC position at Georgia. There has been talk that Smart will poach Cochran, the S&C coach from Bammer, and hire Muschamp from the Barn to be the DC. I don't think the Smart hire is a good one, he has no experience as a head coach and it is a big program with intense demands. He'd be better off with a break-in period somewhere else that is less demanding, as Muschamp would have been rather than going to Florida for his first billet as HC. I'd rather have an offensive guy that has been an HC, but if Smart is the choice, I'd rather have Cochran than Muschamp. Let the Barn keep Cursing Willie.

It also says that Mark Richt will be announced as the new HC at Miami. Donna Shalala and recent HC's are the opposite of what worked at Miami in the past. Shalala and Richt are the opposite as well. What has worked for them in the past has been crass and outlaw. That, of course, was also the downfall and led to the trouble with the NCAA. If the Richt hire happens, it will be interesting to watch the situation over the next few seasons, but I don't think it will work out.

7. Guitarzan

Well, championship Saturday is almost here. Somehow, the nimrods that run the NCAA and the various networks ended up with a ridiculous situation in which multiple championship games are being played at night at the same time.

The SEC CG starts around 4 PM EST on CBS in its own time slot. So that gives us 3.5 hours of prattle with Vern and Gary. And if Florida lays an egg like it did against FSU and Bammer shows up at its best, we may want something to flip over to as an alternative to Gary and Vern.

8. Guitarzan

It is official now, Mark Richt is the new coach at Miami. I am one of the Georgia alumni that is happy Miami has him. He is a good man and all that, but he is not a pure football guy with a killer instinct and will never win a national championship.

Firing Richt was the right move and should have been done years ago. He has had UGA on a plateau, in a rut actually, for 10 years. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, and he could not win the games that matter. What concerns me is what our AD and advisers are going to do next. Of great concern is whether we are taking on a situation like Florida did when they hired Muschamp by getting a guy that is a good DC but never before a head coach and not ready to be one.

My prediction on Richt and Miami: Neither Richt nor Shalala will last more than 5 seasons. The U bandwagon cretins don't like Shalala and what she has done to impair the athletics, and a lot of alumni don't like her either. She is at least 74 years old and is an outsider with none of her education from Miami. She and Richt are too clean and uptight for U cretins, they are only interested in winning. Shalala and the athletic bureaucrats have done nothing to improve facilities and it is going to be a big, uphill battle for Richt and the AD to raise the money to get things done. It is a relatively small private school with a relatively small pool of alumni (compared to a lot of public football schools) which presents challenges.

Richt will not win big there, but if he gets the ball rolling on fundraising and helps them raise enough money to break ground and even get some things built and remodeled, he will at least make a contribution. But he will not satisfy the U-tards by winning only against the cupcakes like he has at Georgia in the last 10 seasons and will always be Shalala's hire. She will be gone before he is, but he will not be around more than 5 years.

9. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Iowa vs Mich st will be good

10. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I don't know what most SEC fans have against Gary and Vern, I could take or leave them. But I wouldn't watch Bama/Fla if Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith were resurrected for a day to call it. I anticipate a total snoozefest, with Florida gaining maybe 150 yards and 9 first downs if they're lucky.

I'm far more interested in Iowa/Mich St and UNC/Clampzin. I give both underdogs a chance in those games. I sure wish UNC would win, but I don't think they'll quite pull it out. Similarly, I think Mich State will win in a close probably low-scoring affair.

If UNC wins, would you put them in? I would. I know they've played a weak schedule overall, but they'd have the best statement win of any of the teams, and they'd be the outright conference winner of the ACC.

What is Bama's statement win? LSU? Wow.

I'd go:

1 Bama (they do have the overall best resume in my opinion, and a killer D)
    2 OU
    3 Big 10 winner
    4 UNC

Looking forward to watching the games and seeing what happens. I'd love to see the Gators and UNC win just to mess things up.

11. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

Big game for C L E M S O N tonight, North Carolina should give them a game. I just hope that C L E M S O N comes out victorious, and nobody gets hurt. I want them to be healthy when the playoff begins.
    Why do most in this thread misspell Clemson anyway? Are you poking fun at the school? Anyway, good luck to all the college fans today. The games should be entertaining. Especially if Florida beats Bama, and Michigan State wins over Iowa.
    I am a Clemson fan, and I would like nothing more than to play Alabama and Oklahoma. Why you say, to be the best you gotta beat the teams that most think are best.
    While every one piles up on the famous teams, the least thought of probably have the better teams. I just hope Iowa makes it to number 3 in the poll. Clemson vs. Iowa for the championship. That would shake things up.

12. Colo Springs E

No, their fans, 90% of whom have probably never stepped foot on Clampzin's campus lol. (Climzin, Clampzin etc is how many Clemson fans pronounce it..... just havin some fun)

13. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

Really, 90% percent? I have to respectfully disagree on that. You are getting Clemson fans confused with South Carolina fans. I bet 80% of their fans have never been to Columbia, SC, much less been on the campus. Clemson is a small town, but on football Saturday it becomes one of the most populated towns in the state. It is alright to poke fun, I am not offended. The only folks I hear mispronouncing the name are not from this state. By the way it's pronounced Clemp son not Clem zon as Musburger says.:):D. Go Clempson.

14. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I'm hoping so. Haven't seen Iowa play this year but sure did enjoy MSU putting the skids on U of M and OSU. I graduated from MSU in '73 and their teams have come a long way from their 1969-1972 records.

15. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

Pulling for Michigan State also, because I enjoy shaking up the top four as much as possible. I have seen Iowa play. They are a physically strong team overall. They run the ball strong. States D-line has to be at their best to stop them. Iowa just beats you down over the entire game.
    Kinda bums me that Oklahoma gets a pass, because they don't play a conference championship like everyone else. They are a tough team but it would serve them right if they got dropped out of the top four after today because of that. Gut they won't.
    The process is better, but still ain't fixed. I am all for an eight team playoff.

16. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

Texas up on Baylor early. Texas beat OU early in the season. they trip over everyone else. Go figure this football season, hah.

17. Colo Springs E

All in good fun! I went to the Colorado Springs campus of CU, and took 4 classes at/through Boulder-' by all rights they should be my team. But I was 'raised' an Auburn fan-- but I never took a class there :) Clemson has had a great season so far, I hope it craahes and burns today though! (Sorry!)

18. Bodean

Bodean Tele-Meister

Thanks a lot, lol. To be honest I would not be surprised if Clemson did lose. UNC has a offense that gives Clemson trouble, it is similar to what Syracuse runs. Clemson had trouble with them. Brent Venables will win or lose this game. If they stay back and don't blitz Clemson has a chance. That being said, going 12-0 is nothing to hang their heads over. They really over achieved this year. The plan was for next year to be the "year". Swinney has this program rolling in the right direction at least.

19. Stubee

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1449377568.291068.jpg

20. Stubee

What a fourth quarter drive. Edge of my seat forever.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.