1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

College Football 2015

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Sep 2, 2015.

1. FenderBender10

FenderBender10 Tele-Holic

My dad and I watched it and he was jumping for joy! He graduated from UW. Huskies D looked amazing, especially after losing some great players to the draft. Their QB Browning was hard to watch. Even tho he's a freshman I'm still not a fan.

2. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I just had to bump this up!
    Utah is 5-0!

3. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Texas may have finally turned things around. An impressive win over ou. Good defense, good offense, only 5 penalties, & finally a cohesive team.

I have no idea what happened against TCU last week but I hope it was the final straw to get a very young team to step up.

4. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Yup, and the Michigan team they beat is thumping people.

5. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Boise State, in their last 4 games, has managed to score 204 pnts while having only 24 points scored against them. For the entire season (5 wins one loss), it stands at 244 points for Boise, 72 points for all others. Not bad.

6. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

UT not UT Ranked 22 AP and 25 in other ranking..
    That is cool..
    Go rockets..

7. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

8. Guitarzan

Texas finally won one and did it at a time to greatly benefit Mack Strong by beat Oklahoma.

Georgia is stinking things up, it lost after squandering a 21 point lead. Apparently, UT found a new formula not to lose hotly contested games, and that is to play with a 21 point deficit instead of a 21 point lead. And play a coaching staff that is more incompetent than Butch Jones'.

Nick Chubb was hurt in a terrible way on Saturday. I don't know if he will ever be the same athlete. His interests might be best served by taking two years to rehab and make substantial progress towards a degree, and then go pro. If one is to take the risk of additional injury, it is best to do it for big money.

Really bad luck for Georgia, it had two different RB's in consecutive years that were in the discussion for the Heisman and both went down this time of year (Gurley for an NCAA violation then a knee injury upon return).

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/...ts-georgias-offense-into-realm-of-the-unknown

9. Misty Mountain

Misty Mountain Tele-Meister

The Maize and Blue have begun their rise to prominence earlier than I thought they would. Go Blue!

BTW - My one claim to fame is that Jim Harbaugh was in my Spanish class! :p

Class of '86...

Attached Files:

10. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

The Nits handled Indiana on Saturday. Hackenburg ran for two scores. Now comes Maryland. Go Penn State!

11. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

Watching the recaps on the sports channels, it seems to me that they all want Ohio State to get out of the way. Like they're not good enough to hang with anyone else in the top 10. Are they supposed to win every game by 50 points? Yeah, their schedule is not the greatest in strength but they still manage to win even when they are playing bad. I do expect them to lose at least one game but I expected the same thing last year. Still, it seems to me that there is a lack of respect for their football team. If they don't run it out this year, then I'm rooting for Utah.

12. Guitarzan

USC West booted Sarkisian yesterday, his alcohol consumption and behavior during his nasty divorce and his team's performance on the field were more than the administration could take.

Today, we learned that USC East and Spurrier are parting ways. Spurrier is holding a press conference during the noon hour today. None of the talking heads speculating so far believe it was Spurrier's choice. It seems to me that Carolina is getting a little ahead of itself. But we don't know what is going on behind the scenes and whether Spurrier has crossed too many lines.

13. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Holy cow. Spurrier retiring. Doesn't seem right.

14. rebelwoclue

Actually, he came out and said "resigning- I'm not retiring". He's keeping his options open but says he won't coach another college team. He sounded like he may stay and consult or something.

15. Guitarzan

That is odd, I never figured the OBC would leave during a season.

I don't know who instigated his departure. If it was him rather than the school, I kinda wonder if it is his ego at work, he stood a strong chance of having his first ever season below .500 with blowouts. If he won the remaining games, he could only go 50/50.

16. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

He is the only coach other than Bear Bryant to be the winningest coach at two SEC schools, so that might be it.

17. Guitarzan

Penn. State, Michigan, and Mich. State are making the Big 10 interesting in the back half of the season. Ohio State stands a strong chance of losing one or more of those games. There is two good match-ups among those 4 teams this weekend, and I'll definitely flip over to catch part of the OSU-PSU game.

18. rebelwoclue

Correction: 6-0
    The beat ASU, their old nemesis, in the 4th quarter when they kicked it into gear.
    Go Utes!

19. Guitarzan

Alabama looks pretty strong, and LSU ain't bad.

The Mich-Mich State game ended on an odd note.

Memphis beat Ole Miss.

Florida played a close game against LSU without its better QB and with LSU having Fournette. Florida is going to cream Georgia the last weekend of the month.

20. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

OUCH!!! That had to hurt on Saturday!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.